Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    My Cingular rep told me there is a company that provides insurance for the Treo xxx but he couldn't remember who they are. If anyone has information on how I can get insurance on my new 680, it will be most appreciated by me and other readers of the forum. TIA.
  2. #2  
    Cingular offers insurance on my daughter's Razr (which I am enrolled for) -- they do not offer it on the Treo???????? And when I was with AT&T just after the merge with Cingular -- they were offering the insurance on the Treo. I would check with a different rep.

    (Sprint is $6 a month for the Treo, $3 for repairs/replacement and $3 for loss.)

    Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    I checked with three different Cingular outlets. They do NOT offer insurance coverage on Treos. I actually paid $3.99 a month for over two years for insurance on my Treo 650 (which I didn't buy from Cingular but from the PalmOne store at Atlanta airport). I paid over $100 for nothing.
  4. #4  
    Insurance is like that, wasted money, unless and when you need it. . . . . .


    I wouldn't say it was for nothing . . . . peace of mind is a good thing.


    Check with your homeowners policy, at one time I had my Tungsten T3 on the policy as a listed item under all peril . . . $5 for the year . . . . but a $100 deductible.


    Cheers, Perry.
  5. OnTheFly's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Insurance is like that, wasted money, unless and when you need it. . . . . .


    I wouldn't say it was for nothing . . . . peace of mind is a good thing.


    Cheers, Perry.
    The reason it was for nothing is because Cingular wouldn't have honored it. They DO NOT insure PDA phones (which is what they clasify the TREO as).
  6. stl08's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #6  
    http://www.safeware.com/

    They did my Treo and 8125 insurance. They're not a bad company, either. I dropped my Treo and the antenna came off. I called them, they sent a box, I sent them the Treo, they sent a brand new one. Pretty cool.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    The reason it was for nothing is because Cingular wouldn't have honored it. They DO NOT insure PDA phones (which is what they clasify the TREO as).

    Well, if they issued the insurance in error and wouldn't have honored a claim -- then they would be obligated to return the premiums that were paid.

    And I would keep calling up the chain of command until I got my refund. Keeping those premiums would be a basis for a fraud suit in my mind.

    Cheers, Perry
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Well, if they issued the insurance in error and wouldn't have honored a claim -- then they would be obligated to return the premiums that were paid.

    And I would keep calling up the chain of command until I got my refund. Keeping those premiums would be a basis for a fraud suit in my mind.

    Cheers, Perry
    I had the same issue, and just had to use one word - L-A-W-Y-E-R. Even a Co. as big as Cingular knows it cannot take insurance $$ for something it cannot insure. They credited my account for 20 months of premiums.
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  9. #9  

Posting Permissions