1.    #1  
    I have the 39.99 cingular pda plan. and I want to go online to change it to the 19.99 plan. I just have a few questions for those who know about data usage.

I mainly use my phone for Verichat. Im on Verichat all day long. Once in a while I search the internet, check my email (because it takes too long to connect using Versamail) Thats basically all I do. I only have that 39.99 plan because it came with a $100 rebate on the phone. Will it ring alarms to Cingular if I switch to the 19.99 plan because I use Verichat all day?

If its not enough usage to signal them, then heck Im going to downgrade.
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by employedslacker View Post
    I have the 39.99 cingular pda plan. and I want to go online to change it to the 19.99 plan. I just have a few questions for those who know about data usage.

I mainly use my phone for Verichat. Im on Verichat all day long. Once in a while I search the internet, check my email (because it takes too long to connect using Versamail) Thats basically all I do. I only have that 39.99 plan because it came with a $100 rebate on the phone. Will it ring alarms to Cingular if I switch to the 19.99 plan because I use Verichat all day?

Did you hear that Verichat is (apparently) discontinued? Far as I can tell, they'll support those of us still on our yearly service plan, but after that..tough.

I haven't had time yet to look why it's discontinued. I'd heard that Intellisync bought them, but the discontinue notice is on Intellisync's website from Nokia. Not sure why/how the two are linked.

I'm trying MantraGroup's Causerie client, but so far can't get it to work altogether as well as Verichat. Ugh.
    Nokia now owns Intellisync.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah I know it is discontinued. but I am going to keep using it till my subscription expires in Jun 2007. After that I'll switch to another program, but for now I'll use Verichat. I wish it wasn't discontinued, because I haven't found a program as good as this one for chatting

Will the constant usage of Verichat, or other programs like Mundu, cause a large amount of data usage?
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    PalmBear: Please send an email to support@mantragroup.com
    with issue description to resolve the issue soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by employedslacker View Post

If that is all you are using it for, than you could probably easily change down in plan. If you do it online, It will not set of any alarms at all. Many here have done that already, as well as called customer service to do that.

The only thing I do not know is how much data usage your chat program takes up. Does anyone know if Vericaht is a data hog? Check your data usage to see what your chat useage has been in recent weeks and months.

Good luck,

Matt
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >