Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It seems all the people who have had their phones shipped or where able to buy one elsewhere did not order a graphite 680. Can someone tell me this is not true?

Cheers,

~J.
    I know that We should be getting our graphite 680's in around the middle of next week.

Drew
    I have a graphite 680, but only because Cingular is my provider and graphite's the only color they're going to sell... maybe they have a monopoly on the color... ??
    Graphite through Cing here as well.
    Graphite through Cingy....and loving it!!!

The only branding is the logo on the upper right too. No branding during the boot process either. Aleady have it unlocked by Cingular as well!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    Graphite through Cingy....and loving it!!!

The only branding is the logo on the upper right too. No branding during the boot process either. Aleady have it unlocked by Cingular as well!!!
    What is the purpose of getting it unlocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
    What is the purpose of getting it unlocked?

I travel outside of the country, and need to have the ability to use multiple sim cards.
    Rewards Network

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I thought I read something about being able to do updates from Palm easier. Is this true?
    I thought I read something about being able to do updates from Palm easier. Is this true?

Not sure about that!!!
    Rewards Network

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Palm graphite still waiting. Whatever. My 650 still works.

Just give me stubless!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    From what I know you won´t have to wait for an update from Cingular, you just get the pure one from Palm. Unlocking a Cingular 680 won´t change the system though, only if the guy who unlocks it flashes the ROM to the ones that come in the unlocked versions sold at Palm Retail Stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by benex View Post
    From what I know you won´t have to wait for an update from Cingular, you just get the pure one from Palm. Unlocking a Cingular 680 won´t change the system though, only if the guy who unlocks it flashes the ROM to the ones that come in the unlocked versions sold at Palm Retail Stores.
    I already have the Cingular 680 and am thinking about taking it back and getting an unlocked version. Not sure if it's woth the trouble though.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hummmmm... I think you´ll have a hard time finding it in graphite. I wanted 2 in that color but all they had at the miami international airport store yesterday was the red, orange and white ones.

I don´t think you´ll have trouble with it. Since 650 was around for quite some time and it looks like there were no HUGE changes to the OS and the phone itself... and if you got a discount I think it´s allright to have it locked to cingular.

I had to get the unlocked ones because I live in Brazil.
    think may go get crimson from MI soon..called adn they still had....when I get home i may cancel the online one if MIA an guarantee quick shipping
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    Already have it unlocked by Cingular as well!!!
    How did you go about getting this done? I travel overseas also and they wouldn't do it for my 600.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tspatrick View Post
    How did you go about getting this done? I travel overseas also and they wouldn't do it for my 600.
    I unlocked an HTC and a nokia phone through this forum:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/index.php

It has all the info you need on almost any phone.
    Some require a special cable, but this is the do-it-yourself mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by tspatrick View Post

I asked. I did the same with my 650. I have been a customer with Cingular for a very long time, and have several lines with them. It took several calls and steps up the chain of command, but as others will tell you, it can be done.
    Rewards Network

anyone want to trade their Crimson 680 for a Graphite Cingular?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I just got off of the phone with Palm. I pretty much got the same story from the rep. I was told that my order was in the system and my Graphite 680 would more than likely be shipped out sometime next week. Again, I'm just as anxious as everyone to get my new toy to begin playing with it. However, when we placed our orders, we all knew that it could be 1-2 weeks before anything shipped. We all were wishing, hoping, assuming that all the orders would be out of Palm's door a lot sooner than that, but is it really realistic to assume that everything would be shipped out at the same time in order to meet all of our expectations? Besides all those Graphite Treos have to be somewhere. Maybe they are saving shipping the most popular color out last or something. Now if they simply do not have Graphites in stock at this time, man that would be pretty stupid (almost impossible to believe) of Palm.

Believe me I understand everything about customer service and pleasing the customer and all that, so don't rip on me too hard with the comments. I think once the two weeks is up starting next week, then we will have the grounds to start making as much noise as possible. Before we all know it, we'll all be having different issue to bi about with Palm once we all have our 680s.
    called and got the old next week story...if it doesn't ship by next friday I'm defecting to PPC! Ok maybe not...but i'm getting restless!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast