Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't justify spending $30 for the palm screen protector. What do you guys use?
    finally! someone serious enough to post a message related to screen protectors for this "new device."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    boxwave
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Martin Fields rules!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    this is laughable!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Martin Fields works perfectly and I've already received my 680 protectors...now if I could just get my 680!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Clear Touch anti Glare - by boxwave.
    been using that for my TX, and it has been wonderful

I got the screen protector last week... and my 680 is coming this Saturday (oh how I wish)
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    this is laughable!
    Maybe so, but Martin Fields still rules IMO. I've compared them to Boxwave and while good, Boxwave still doesn't match the clarity of MF.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olentz View Post
    Clear Touch anti Glare - by boxwave.
    been using that for my TX, and it has been wonderful

I got the screen protector last week... and my 680 is coming this Saturday (oh how I wish)
    I'm so confused. I haven't gotten anything from Palm and I ordered it moments after it went for sale on palm.com. The least they could do is send out the available parts of the order. I ordered screen protectors with my 680.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hands down the best: http://www.shieldzone.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    this is laughable!
    If by "laughable" you mean SUPER COOL, then I'm with you! LOL
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Has anyone used the screen protectors from Palm? I've got credit with them I have to spend.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dessa View Post
    Has anyone used the screen protectors from Palm? I've got credit with them I have to spend.
    My Unlocked Treo 680 came with screen protector... Am I just lucky to get it or Cingular's version doesn't come with it?
    I think as stated they do come witht he phone...that'll be my "test unit"
    for a while...
    The unlocked unit from Palm comes with a bonus package containing 2 screen protectors. The Cingular phone does not. Palm screen protectors and replacement pen styli are available cheaply from jandr.com.
    Clie -> Treo 270 unlocked -> Treo 600 unlocked -> Treo 650 unlocked -> Treo 680 Crimson + Graphite (can you hold on, the other line is ringing...)
    The screen protectors that are in the TC Store are pretty good.
    I usually buy the universal ones from like BestBuy but I am so bad at cutting them and trying to get them to fit right that I may have to bit the bullet and buy the good ones.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  18.    #18  
    I hate how they bubble on the screen, it makes it look really bad. I have decided not to use them
    I got the Palm ones, and although I haven't tried anything before other than the crapola cut-out one that comes in the box, these things ROCK. Not one bubble or "wet" looking spot to be found. Even comes with a nifty card thing to apply them with and a cleaning cloth. Yeah, I know that may not justify the price though LOL.

I'm sure there are lots of great ones out there, but can say I'm super happy with the Palm ones.

The unlocked unit from Palm comes with a bonus package containing 2 screen protectors.
    I didn't find these in my box! Are they stuck in a book somewhere? All I got was one of the cut-out kind, which isn't the same material as the pre-cut ones at all.
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoposer View Post
    I hate how they bubble on the screen, it makes it look really bad. I have decided not to use them
    The higher quality ones do not bubble. They are semi-porous and take about 24 hrs to compeletly dry. They become soft again if you wet them.

The ones I rec'd from ShieldZone protect against all sorts of tears. I had it on my 650 for 2 years and the plastic body of the 650 is totally scratched and chipped away from being in my pocket with keys and dropped a few times. The screen is perfect though. I use the same protector on my Canon 1DII which takes quite a beating as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast