Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can't stand screen protectors that are sticky and have to be squeegeed. I use .

Even though I hate adhesive protectors I do use the MFs on my digital camera and I think they are great. Very clear.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  2.    #22  
    thats awesome
    I got this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PalmOne-Treo-680...QQcmdZViewItem

It's cheap and I was really surprised about the quality! Highly recommended!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorfmunder View Post
    I didn't find these in my box! Are they stuck in a book somewhere? All I got was one of the cut-out kind, which isn't the same material as the pre-cut ones at all.
    i only got one, aint going to use it, and it was with the second read me first document. the one in the plastic bag that also had what they call a manual.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by olentz View Post
    Clear Touch anti Glare - by boxwave.
    been using that for my TX, and it has been wonderful
    I swear by BoxWave, I highly recommend them.

They are very thick (for a screen protector). You can reapply them easily if you don't get them on right, but because they are thick it is very easy to get them on exactly right. If you have ever tryed to put on the cheep proectors that come with the Treo, a boxwave is 200% better.

They advertise you can take them off, clean them, then put them back on, but I never had any reason to do that. I had one on my 650 for over a year and never gave me an issue.

I personally like the Anti-Glare, but they also have a glossy version. I don't see any reason to get the 3pack, they last forever. You can get one shipped to you for about $20.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoposer View Post
    I can't justify spending $30 for the palm screen protector. What do you guys use?
    I've used these for years. Have gotten fast shipping from them, and they are great for the money:

http://search.ebay.com/12-SCREEN-PRO...fclZ3QQfrppZ50
    NuShield doesn't have a shield for the 680 and the shield for the 650/700p/700w doesn't fit. I've just tried it. It goes in, but there is no room for it to move. The fit is so tight that the screen thinks I'm constantly tapping it and won't respond to any real screen taps or key presses. It took 30 minutes to remove it. I've been using NuShields since 2000 so I know I installed it correctly. I'm going to try invisibleSHIELD. If I hate it I'm blaming you, aaronlam! Just Kidding.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    OK has anyone ever tried the Palm branded antiglare screens. Not the on that comes in the box with the device. Those are the premium screen protectors and they are horrible. Too many bubbles and not pre cut. Now at SFO we carry the anti glare screens and they are a must. Not only are they pre cut but they use static so NO BUBBLES. Also for anyone that wears glasses (like me) it's a dream very easy to remove and they last a long time. I used just one on my 650 for over 8 mos. If anyone needs any just let us know. That would be free shipping as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Treo View Post
    OK has anyone ever tried the Palm branded antiglare screens. Not the on that comes in the box with the device. Those are the premium screen protectors and they are horrible. Too many bubbles and not pre cut. Now at SFO we carry the anti glare screens and they are a must. Not only are they pre cut but they use static so NO BUBBLES. Also for anyone that wears glasses (like me) it's a dream very easy to remove and they last a long time. I used just one on my 650 for over 8 mos. If anyone needs any just let us know. That would be free shipping as well
    P.S I forgot to tell you they are only $14.99
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    boxwave
    Yeah - I just removed my boxwave from the 650 and put it on the new 680. I think I'm on my 5th "clean and reapply" run, and it's still working just fine!

Danita
    I guess I must be an *****, but I cannot get the screen protector on right. Either it goes on crooked, or there is noticeable dust under it. This is the first time I've ever had the need for a screen protector as I've never had a touch screen device before.

I purchased a 2-pack of Palm anti-glare protectors, and the first one got ruined when I tried to take it back off the screen after it went on crooked..it got bent and showed a noticeable crease in it. The 2nd one is now on the phone, but it has dust under it and is a little scraped along one edge. I guess it takes some practice before you get good at it. I think I'll be buying another pack of them when I get the chance. At least they aren't expensive....it was only $12 for the 2-pack.
    Use a can of compressed air for dust. It really helps. Or apply the protector in a steamy bathroom.
    ~Jessi~

Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    Use a can of compressed air for dust. It really helps. Or apply the protector in a steamy bathroom.
    Good idea....too bad I didn't think of it before. Well, I just ordered a package of 2 more from the Palm store. Got 20% off and free shipping, so at least it didn't cost much to learn the hard way.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i'm surprised no one's mentioned the brando protectors. i've bought one for every gadget for the past several years and never had a problem. even with shipping from asia, they're reasonably priced. you can find them here. they have 2 versions - the ultra clear (glass-like shiny surface) and the "standard" screen protector. i usually get the standard protector since it cuts down on the glare and has a more paper-like texture (just a slight grain to it - it doesn't affect clarity at all) that is nice for a touch-screen device using graffiti (it's perfect on my T5). about to order one for my 680 now...

edit: and they are offering free shipping for the holidays!
    Last edited by r6girl; 12/09/2006 at 01:09 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Maybe so, but Martin Fields still rules IMO. I've compared them to Boxwave and while good, Boxwave still doesn't match the clarity of MF.
    what is laughable is the fact that this thread actually exists! that is what i was poking fun at......you'd think that with all of the Treos behind this one that someone would have at least done a "search" on the topic.

c'mon, if any topic has been beat to death it's been this one (or "which case is best)

regards
    If you want seriously good screen protectors, you can't go wrong with Boxwave ClearTouch or Martin Fields. The Palm branded ones may seem good at first, but they are a PITA to remove. When I put one on once, I could not get the thing off. When I finally got a corner lifted, peeling it off was horrifying because it felt like it was pulling the screen off of the Treo with it.

The ShieldZone IS / BSE are good, but only the parts the protect the body of the Treo. The part that's supposed to protect the screen makes the screen look kind of "milky". Also, If you ever take it off, it leaves horrible residue on the screen.

Regarding bubbling issues. With the Boxwaves or Martin Fields, after installation you may have some bubbles, but they're super easy to push out using the supplied squeegee card.
    Quote Originally Posted by r6girl View Post
    i'm surprised no one's mentioned the brando protectors. i've bought one for every gadget for the past several years and never had a problem. even with shipping from asia, they're reasonably priced. you can find them here. they have 2 versions - the ultra clear (glass-like shiny surface) and the "standard" screen protector. i usually get the standard protector since it cuts down on the glare and has a more paper-like texture (just a slight grain to it - it doesn't affect clarity at all) that is nice for a touch-screen device using graffiti (it's perfect on my T5). about to order one for my 680 now...

edit: and they are offering free shipping for the holidays!
    i love the brandos, i just moved to boxwave one day. but i could go back.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12