There is one thing in that review that really bothers me. It says that SMS messages of longer than 160 characters can NOT be sent! My Treo 600 has no problem with that, so why should the 680? Has anyone experience this? Now, I'm worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    There is one thing in that review that really bothers me. It says that SMS messages of longer than 160 characters can NOT be sent! My Treo 600 has no problem with that, so why should the 680? Has anyone experience this? Now, I'm worried.
    I have looked back at a few of my SMS threads, and several are over 160 characters, and there was no truncation or cutoff of the message. I do not know where that came from.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I believe it depends on the carrier. For instance, my Treo 700p is capable of sending over 160 character text messages, but, Verizon will truncate text messages longer than 160 characters that are sent to subscribers on other carriers.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    my treo 650 splits the text into multiple sms messages if the text is longer than 160 chars. I love this and i somehow doubt that treo 680 can not do that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    my treo 650 splits the text into multiple sms messages if the text is longer than 160 chars. I love this and i somehow doubt that treo 680 can not do that as well.
    So does that count as one message or multiple?
    Usually multiple.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS