Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    After reading some of these threads, I count my self lucky. I called Cingular on Tuesday night and upgraded my 650 to a 680. Asked for priority shipping at $14 and got my 680 in the mail on Thursday... today. Everything seems great for me, no lag problems all previous apps seem to be working correctly... BUT, Blazer takes forever to load. It was slow to load on the 650... maybe 2-3 secs but now it is like 7-10 secs. Is there some other app affecting this? Is this normal?

Thanks!

aaron
    What apps did you add to it?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I synced the backup I had from my 650:

CallRec
    Kmaps
    AreaCodes
    CardExport
    Conversion
    SmartLists
    TCPMP
    VeriChat
    Billards
    Bubblet
    ChessGame
    Monopoly
    TextTwist
    CleanUninstall
    FindHack
    IBM Java Machine
    Zlauncher

It doesn't like it is normal... I guess my other option is to reinstall everything seperately from a hard reset unless someone has an idea which app is causing it.

Thanks so much!

aaron
    dont kow if this will help here, but i would notice a good speedup by clearing cookies every other week on blazer on the 650 unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankpaolino View Post
    dont kow if this will help here, but i would notice a good speedup by clearing cookies every other week on blazer on the 650 unlocked.

Syncing your backup is a HUGE mistake!! IMHO, it is the reason for your issues. You need to do a clean install. I am seeing speeds 3 - 4 times faster than my 650, with NO lag at all, as are many people here. Syncing your backup will only lead to issues later on.

Do a hard reset, and follow this threads instuctions:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129987
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Thanks guys... I cleared the cookies and it did speed up a little bit but there was still a nice little delay.

Hard reset did the trick. I guess I will have to clean house but at least that solved the delay... it is instantaneous now.

Thanks again!

aaron
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Backed up straight from my 650 - no problems. Blaser takes about 2 secs to load - maybe its your network connection that's causing the delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by philmair View Post
    Backed up straight from my 650 - no problems. Blaser takes about 2 secs to load - maybe its your network connection that's causing the delay.

I did the same thing...and had no issues for the first 5 days...but after that something happened - I was told it had nothing to do with the backup from 650, but I am not convinced - I am on my 2nd 680 now. I, as well as many, many experts on this forum, cannot stress enough....a CLEAN INSTALL is the best way to go. Installing from a backup of a previous device is a recipe for disaster. I hope all goes well for you, good luck to you .
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >