1.    #1  
    Hello!

I am getting a Treo 680, I've never had a Treo before although I have had other Palm products.

I'm getting a Palm unlocked 680. I work for a small company, we have our own IMAP mail server (Mac OS X Server). Let's say that our server is mail.company.com for incoming and SMTP as well.

I need to know what Cingular plan is the best value and will allow me to access and send my mail. I plan on trying out Chattermail since we have huge mail boxes and it will allow me to control how many messages are downloaded, etc.

1.) Can I get a media max ($20) plan that includes txt messages, or do I have to get a smartphone plan ($20)? I would love to get the media max plan since I would like some txt messages included, but I wonder if this will give me problems in terms of my email set up.

2.) Can I get a plan from Cingular without signing a contract or buying a phone from them? It seems that I can't do this online, I'm hoping I can do this at a store.

Thanks for your help!

-Vik
  2.    #2  
    Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated a I expect my 680 to arrive today and I need to get the correct plan from Cingular.

Thanks in advance for your help.