Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Don’t know what to do ….

    I haven’t upgraded my Treo 600 to the 650 and decided to skip the 650. The 650 is HORRIFIC, it lags so much compared to the 600. When you switch from apps to apps, sometimes it’s just sitting there and yoru tapping on every app to see what’s going on. Next thing you know, something happens ... it runs threw all the apps you’ve tapped. If you take a look and have a race with the switching to camera mode, the 600 is instant and the 650 takes 2 – 3 secs. I’m assuming it takes too long to process things, b/c of the high res screen. I really don’t get it though, the CPU was boosted 2x faster. Finally, this drove me nuts … sometimes if your wireless mode is on and there’s has not been any activity, you look at it again and it says you missed 10 calls.

    I’ve borrowed 2 diff units of the 650 from my boss, and tested it for 2 weeks each, and for all the reason above, I didn’t upgrade. Thank God, my Treo 600 ran perfectly, even from today. I’m starting to get the classic buzzing now, but hey … I’ve had this unit for 2.5yrs now and getting a replacement battery on the weekend.

    I’m really excited about the 680, but reading the battery life and more lag time then the 650, I really don’t know what to do. No way in hell will I go with Window’s Mobile Treo. You think Palm is gonna fix the battery life in the next generation of 680? Is the lag gonna be fixed or not? The specs are pretty close to 650.

    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 12/01/2006 at 01:24 AM.
  2. #2  
    I don't see how they can fix the battery life. The only way to fix the battery life seems not to use it much.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I don't see how they can fix the battery life. The only way to fix the battery life seems not to use it much.
    seems like everyone is lightly using the 680

    I love the new design alot ....
  4. #4  
    If battery does become a problem, you can always buy an extened battery from Seidio, which should extend battery life up to 25%.
  5. #5  
    No lag here on my700P
  6. #6  
    The problem is that compared to the 650, it seems to have at best 2/3 the battery life, so even extending that by 25% doesn't get it back up to par with the 650, but still about 15% less.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    Don’t know what to do ….

    I haven’t upgraded my Treo 600 to the 650 and decided to skip the 650. The 650 is HORRIFIC, it lags so much compared to the 600. When you switch from apps to apps, sometimes it’s just sitting there and yoru tapping on every app to see what’s going on. Next thing you know, something happens ... it runs threw all the apps you’ve tapped. If you take a look and have a race with the switching to camera mode, the 600 is instant and the 650 takes 2 – 3 secs. I’m assuming it takes too long to process things, b/c of the high res screen. I really don’t get it though, the CPU was boosted 2x faster. Finally, this drove me nuts … sometimes if your wireless mode is on and there’s has not been any activity, you look at it again and it says you missed 10 calls.

    I’ve borrowed 2 diff units of the 650 from my boss, and tested it for 2 weeks each, and for all the reason above, I didn’t upgrade. Thank God, my Treo 600 ran perfectly, even from today. I’m starting to get the classic buzzing now, but hey … I’ve had this unit for 2.5yrs now and getting a replacement battery on the weekend.

    I’m really exited about the 680, but reading the battery life and more lag time then the 650, I really don’t know what to do. No way in hell will I go with Window’s Mobile Treo. You think Palm is gonna fix the battery life in the next generation of 680? Is the lag gonna be fixed or not? The specs are pretty close to 650.

    Any advice will be appreciated.

    FWIW, I have had NO LAGS on my 680 at all. I am a heavy treo user, and have a spare battery now for the 680. I have just considered this a trade off for the better form factor and increased memory size, as well as faster brower speeds and all aorund faster and better performance over the 650. I would consider the 680 a HUGE upgrade over the 600, and feel very good about making the move.
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  8.    #8  
    Is this the extanded batt you guys were talking about?

    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=260
  9. #9  
    The 600 to 680. NO COMPARISION ! yes with size you lose battery but think of the higher resolution, the bluetooth, you can change your own battery instead of getting it replaced. Defintely any unit with bluetooth or wifi you should have an extra battery for anyway because it's a drainer. Good luck I hope you upgrade
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    Is this the extanded batt you guys were talking about?

    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=260

    Um....No. That is a battery for a Treo 700. It says "Treo 700" right on the battery. We are waiting for Seidio to release an extended baterry for the 680.
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  11. #11  
    If it says it also fits the 700 or the 650, it won't fit the 680. If it says 750, the odds are it will.
  12. #12  
    The Palm packaging on the spare battery for the 680 says it's for the Treo 680/750.
  13. #13  
    Well that's a good sign because as soon as we see an extended battery for 750 we can get it.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    Um....No. That is a battery for a Treo 700. It says "Treo 700" right on the battery. We are waiting for Seidio to release an extended baterry for the 680.
    They changed it, lastnight it said 680 on it too.

    Even I know the 680 batt is not the same.

    EDIT : Getting the 680 when it arrives to my city.
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 12/01/2006 at 03:55 PM.

Posting Permissions