1.    #1  
    I would appreciate recommendations for the "best" Bluetooth earpiece available for the Treo 680. TIA.
    I've tried just about every BT headset and so far I think that the Plantronics 655 is about the best. It's lacking in talk time, just under 4 hours without using the aaa battery charger, but the sound quality is great. Also you may want to consider the Sony hbh-iv835 also very cool headset, you don't have to change the volume it does it automatically depending on how loud the sound is around you
    I've tried various manufacturers - Jabra, Moto's, Palm and others. I also come back to a Plantronics because of sound level and quality.

This thread will generate a lot of personal preferences but I vote Plantronics.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I've been extremely happy with the Jabra JX10 headset. It's comfortable, easy to use, and the battery life is very good, with good call quality and mic reception.
    I'm trying out the Plantronics 655 right now. Some people say it's got a lot of echo. Others say I sound great.

Earpiece volume is MUCH better than ANY Moto BT that I've used (I had the 700 but am going to return it - could barely hear the person I was talking to, and getting it on/off with that funky earloop thing and the flip boom was a pain).

The downside to the Plantronics is the "lag time" in pickup. Couple of seconds on average.
    I've got the Plantronics 655 as well. Sounds great. I also use my Garmin Nuvi 360 navigation system in my car and it works ok with that.