Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79
  1. #61  
    wow...ok
  2. #62  
    My 650 radio has never turned itself off unless it lost SIM contact, and that hasn't happened in over a year since I shimmed the SIM tray. Palm sent me a replacement tray but not sure what I did with it, my shim has worked fine.
  3. jcalloway's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #63  
    My 600 radio is bad to turn off on its own. However, it is old and tired.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    Yesterday-"I am soooo excited to get my new Treo, why can't they send it to me?
    Today - "Hooray, I finally got my new Treo!!!"
    Today + 5 minutes - "This things sucks - it does not make my coffee mug tell me it down to only 1/3 full"
  5. #65  
    alright, so i understand that at this point, developers are unable to control the changing of the LED's color.

    has there been any headway in making the LED flash quickly, while remaining whatever color it seems happiest with?

    i enjoy being able to look at my phone from across the room, or while in my pocket, and knowing if i have missed something, by seeing a fast-flashing LED. i also noticed an increased battery life in not having to power up the screen repeatedly to see if i missed anything after i've been away from my phone for a few minutes or longer.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by onepoint View Post
    alright, so i understand that at this point, developers are unable to control the changing of the LED's color.

    has there been any headway in making the LED flash quickly, while remaining whatever color it seems happiest with?

    i enjoy being able to look at my phone from across the room, or while in my pocket, and knowing if i have missed something, by seeing a fast-flashing LED. i also noticed an increased battery life in not having to power up the screen repeatedly to see if i missed anything after i've been away from my phone for a few minutes or longer.
    Unfortunately, this is apparently not possible on the 680.
  7. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #67  
    Things are normally not possible right up until someone finds a way to do it
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky2 View Post
    Sometimes on the 650 anyway the phone would just turn off, for no apparent reason. Maybe the 680 will never do that. But at least on the 650 you could tell from the LED that it had happened.

    Or sometimes you´ve been running around and have forgotten whether you turned the phone on. Whip it out, glance at the LED, and you know. Those days are gone now...
    Try pressing a button. The screen should light back up to tell you what the phone status is. I certainly would hope they didn't remove THAT function. I think touching the touchscreen does the same.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    I don't care about the LED, I do care about the battery life. I charged it last night. This morning I used the phone for 38 minutes and my battery was a little bit below half. Hopefully it will get better. Also the stylus is as cheap as they come. Holding it in your hand when you touch the screen it flexes. Can't wait for an aftermarket stylus that is metal to come out. HUGE difference after using the 650 stylus for so long!
    W, aren't you kind of in the wrong thread?
    This thread is called "this LED sucks; I'm returning my 680". Apparently, it's about the LED light, not battery life or the stylus. If you don't care about the LED (re: your first sentence that I've quoted above) then why are you posting here at all?
    I for one care about the LED, and I express my feelings about the limited LED possibilites here in this LED thread: I am sorry that Palm has decided that the LED functionality from the 650 are not to be continued on the 680, and I'm sad that they didn't just make the LED blinking/notification a customizable setting in the Treo Preferences which would probably make everyone happy (on this subject, at least) - I and a few(?) others could have our way of quickly understand by the status of the LED whether we had network coverage, had lost any calls/messages, etc, and others could choose to turn the LED off altogether.

    ~Christopher
  10. #70  
    Hahaha, I can't believe this thread has so many responses. Let him return the 680 and go back to the 650. Paying $400 for a phone he is unhappy with when he can save that money and keep using his 650 would be a waste. Invest the $400 and by the time the next Treo comes out, maybe you will be able to get one of those. There really isn't any major upgrades on the 680 anyway. I am getting one only because I've dropped mine too many times. Other then that, I would have just kept using mine until the 750p or whatever new Treo or the iSmartphone comes out. Just my .02
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by onepoint View Post

    i enjoy being able to look at my phone from across the room, or while in my pocket, and knowing if i have missed something, by seeing a fast-flashing LED. .
    this thread continues to get more and more interesting........
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by grenness View Post
    W, aren't you kind of in the wrong thread?
    This thread is called "this LED sucks; I'm returning my 680". Apparently, it's about the LED light, not battery life or the stylus. If you don't care about the LED (re: your first sentence that I've quoted above) then why are you posting here at all?
    I for one care about the LED, and I express my feelings about the limited LED possibilites here in this LED thread: I am sorry that Palm has decided that the LED functionality from the 650 are not to be continued on the 680, and I'm sad that they didn't just make the LED blinking/notification a customizable setting in the Treo Preferences which would probably make everyone happy (on this subject, at least) - I and a few(?) others could have our way of quickly understand by the status of the LED whether we had network coverage, had lost any calls/messages, etc, and others could choose to turn the LED off altogether.

    ~Christopher
    O.K., it will pertain to this thread..... I dont give a d*** about the LED, happy now? How about that for my 200th post!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Things are normally not possible right up until someone finds a way to do it
    Amen to that!!! Very well said!!!
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  14. #74  
    Wow...
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
  15. #75  
    if nothing else, we now know ppl have strong feeling about the LED.

    btw, even though i dont care.
    it was/is stupid for palm to change it.

    then again, they probably wanted to save every penny they could and this may be one place that they could.

    did it change on the 700p?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  16. #76  
    What I think is Palm removed this functionality because they thought people using the 650 wouldn't be interested in the 680. And also that mainstream people they're trying to target wouldn't know the difference anyway. I bet you most of the people with 680s are not thinking of LED usage more than phone and PDA usage. Palm knew they could do this and get away with it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #77  
    The 680 is about cost control. They probably figured they could save 2 cents by using a cheaper LED control. The 680 is $399 unlocked at initial launch by Palm. When was the last time that happened? Never.

    I also wished they had a spent a little more (like on the el-cheapo card cover) to improve some small points of the 680. Not to say the 680 is cheap, it is still very nice. But if you have held the 750v and the 680 side by side, there is no question which one is supposed to be the flagship. The 750 just exudes quality, but it costs much more.

    When do you think the 680 isn't just a rebadged 650? Cost reduction, pure and simple.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  18. #78  
    And I think this is one area they can get away with cost cutting because of what I said above. Their mainstream consumer target may not even know that the 650 has a better LED. A bit sneaky of Palm. I wonder if multi-colored LED is that expensive anyway?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #79  
    I agree with you 100%. My reply was for those complaining about the 680 lacking things. That's really it's purpose in life. I think it's sad that Palm doesn't have a flagship GSM Palm OS device. The 680 is an excellent device for the price, but it's clearly not meant to be the leading edge.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And I think this is one area they can get away with cost cutting because of what I said above. Their mainstream consumer target may not even know that the 650 has a better LED.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions