Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Other than the $50 higher price of the Cingular unlocked 680, compared to the unlocked Palm 680 are there any other issues?

Can you buy the Cingular Unlocked 680 w/o a plan or must you be an existing customer?

If you have a Cingular plan, do they make you get the expensive PDA data plan or can you stick with your $20 data plan?

Any warranty / repair policy differences?

Does the Cingular one block manual network select?

Thx!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    So far,
    Dial up Networking isn't in the Bluetooth screen on the Cingular,
    Also Select Network is not available on the Phone Options pull-down menu (even after entering the SIM unlock code).
    With Palm you get the free music pack that includes a 1G memory card until 12/22/06
    http://web.palm.com/promos/musicprom...mh=dm13.122700
    The Cingular one isn't unlocked. Even if you get it without a contract it's still locked to Cingular. The Palm one isn't. The Cingular one includes icons for Xpress Mail and Get GoodLink.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by mceb View Post
    With Palm you get the free music pack that includes a 1G memory card until 12/22/06
    http://web.palm.com/promos/musicprom...mh=dm13.122700
    I got two 680s under the buy one get one free program. Two phones for $299 is well worth the investment. As a long-time customer with 4 lines, Cingular unlocked one of them and I am waiting for the unlock code for the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonlTreo View Post
    I got two 680s under the buy one get one free program. Two phones for $299 is well worth the investment. As a long-time customer with 4 lines, Cingular unlocked one of them and I am waiting for the unlock code for the second.
    What buy one get one free program? I have 5 lines with Cingular and have been with them for 5 years.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
    What buy one get one free program? I have 5 lines with Cingular and have been with them for 5 years.
    I got in on this deal too. Cingular was doing this from Nov. 24-27. Most stores were only doing it on the 24th (Black Friday). I got two phones for $199. I was pretty fortunate. Funny thing is that I'm really glad I have two. I now have two batteries, and two sync cables, and 2 ac adapters. I keep one sync cable in my office. I'm saving the second Treo in case something happens to the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by photios View Post
    I got in on this deal too. Cingular was doing this from Nov. 24-27. Most stores were only doing it on the 24th (Black Friday). I got two phones for $199. I was pretty fortunate. Funny thing is that I'm really glad I have two. I now have two batteries, and two sync cables, and 2 ac adapters. I keep one sync cable in my office. I'm saving the second Treo in case something happens to the first one.
    didn't you have to sign up with Cingular with unlimited data plans for both 680s to get the 2 for 1 offer? Plus it was a mail-in rebate for the price of one phone?
    gadgetjunkies, this was advertised in the local newspaper and inside of the stores. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $was$ $not$ $available$ $on$ $their$ $website$. $To$ $get$ $the$ $buy$ $one$ $get$ $one$ $free$, $you$ $just$ $needed$ $to$ $be$ $eligible$ $for$ $upgrades$ $on$ $2$ $lines$ $and$ $agree$ $to$ $be$ $locked$ $in$ $for$ $2$ $more$ $years$.

To get a $100 rebate you DO need to be on a $39 or better voice plan and unlimited data plan as $100 of the 'free' part is a mail in rebate. The cost was actually $299 for the first Treo and $99 for the second. Since I am on a family plan I don't know if the rebate will extend to the second line which is shown as $9.99 so I am not mailing it in. photios, how did you get 2 for $199? I'm jealous!
    I was planning on getting 2 for 1 too, but was told that I had to sign up for the data plan for both which was something I didn't want to do since the second phone would go to my wife who doesn't need the data plan. The mail-in rebate would be for the amount of the 2nd phone if I signed up.

So I ended up ordering thru Cingular Premier: ordered the Cingular 8525 for myself and the Treo 680 for my wife. I would have jumped on the 2 for 1 and gotten the same phones too if the data plans was required for both.