Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't add a Ringtone despite the manual saying you can, I even e-mailed myself the ringtomes and saved them to the device without sucess any sugestions, I used Mring on my old T650 but it is not compatable.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    This is took a bit to figure out but now it is quite simple. I have only done this with the AMR files but it might work with WAV or MID... haven't tried though.

When you download the file from a server or via email, it asks to save it to voice recorder (the new app that the 650 didn't have). Save that.

Go into Voice Recorder and in the file menu, there is a an option to copy to Ringtone. Voila.

You can go into Sounds and change the name then.

Good luck!

aaron
    Midi ringtones can be sent bluetooth (or from websites) and are added to the ringtone database. Wave files can be sent via bluetooth or downloaded and they get added to voice memo. In voice memo there is a selection to copy the sound to ringtones and that add it. Note however there is a bug that the 680 shares with the 700p. Any wave file over 200k gets truncated. You need to keep any wave files under 185k for them to be added correctly.

The 700p can also handle AAC ringtones but it looks like the 680 can't do this. I've spent a lot of time trying to get this to work and it doesn't.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, but I am trying it without sucess with an MP3 file, any suggestions?
    Last edited by theeaglehasland; 12/01/2006 at 03:59 PM.
    Unfortunately its not working for me either. I've been playing with QT Pro and attempting to export 3gpp and it doesn't want to accept that into voice memo and renaming said file to .amr results in a file that doesn't play (on the Treo).
    Latest moBlog shot:
    MP3 files require third party software. No Palm OS device does this natively. I've tried many times to get an AMR format sound to work and never succeeded. The only software I've ever gotten to work has been Nokia's multimedia converter software which only runs on Windows. Palm mentions the use of this software in one of their knowledge base articles.
  7.    #7  
    Yes I had Mring on my T650 which doesn't work on the T680, where can I get the multimedai converter
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...erter_2.0.html

You will have to register with them to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by theeaglehasland View Post
    Yes I had Mring on my T650 which doesn't work on the T680, where can I get the multimedai converter
  9.    #9  
    Thanks,

I can't install the program under VISTA but that is another problem! I will have to wait for Nokia to upgrade
    Multimedia converter is awesome, i'm willing to use that extra step (in REALLY does also save memory (usu my wav files get shrunk to just 10% of the original file size)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Heck all I do is play the ringtone on my computer speakers and record it to the Treo. I've done that since day 1. I have about 20 of them and they sound just as good as if I had downloaded them!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    It's kind of pathetic that the Treo still doesn't support MP3 ringtones natively. Oh, Palm...
    THe best solutions for having custom ringtones IMHO is use the software by the name of calfilter which allows you to use your own mp3's

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
  14.    #14  
    Installed the Nokia program on my work Tablet PC coverted the files and e-mailed them to myself and installed to the voice recorder etc as per aaronlam's instructions thanks works like a treat

The manual should be clearer and also set out the supported formats
    Ringo pro always worked for me on mp3's. It will work on the 680, 700p and w
    try minitones from freewarepalm.dont need a 3rd party software to run ringtones with this software.
    try minitones from freewarepalm.dont need a 3rd party software to run ringtones with this software.you can play MP3 too.
    I use wav2Tones and it works fine.
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwarn3rd View Post
    THe best solutions for having custom ringtones IMHO is use the software by the name of calfilter which allows you to use your own mp3's
    Where do you get this?
    Here's another vote for minitones. That, along with a good editor, makes adding MP3 ringtones a snap.

AAC files are giving me fits. I can install them via SMS, but that's about it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast