Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm using ringo. But when my phone rings, it's cutting my ringtone short by only playing a couple of seconds of it. Anyone using ringo have this problem?
    Yet another for minitones..........its free, has a built in mp3 cutter, all in all a pretty good application.
    This is killing me. I've downloaded Minitones and installed it on the fone, but how do I get the damn MP3 files to the fone so I can use MInitones? The Palm desktop crap says MP3 files are not supported! How can that be possible?

How are you guys getting the files to fone? E-mailing them?
    I just tried minitones and it works great. I had a bunch of wav and mp3 files on my sd card and when I open minitones, I get a list of all of them. I select which I want to move, and it shows up in the phone's ringtone list.
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    OK, so it only finds MP3's that are on yer memory card? How did you transfer them, with a card reader?
    Minitones is good. But I dont like the the mp3's get transfered to the ram. I would like to keep them on the card.
    How are you guys getting the files onto the device?

I've tried Windows Media, windows explorer, Palm desktop, etc, the only method that I've found so far is e-mailing the file. It then is stored somewhere where minitones can't find it. Grrrrrrrr...
    My laptop has a memory card reader built in. I use that to transfer files onto the sd card.
    There are many different softwares that that will make your phone a reader or you can by a cheep card reader then just drag and drop songs or sounds into your cards sounds or music file I don't know about windows but basically import from sound file to sd card but you need to get a reader http://store.treocentral.com/content...ries/71-72.htm
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfoneguy View Post
    How are you guys getting the files onto the device?

I've tried Windows Media, windows explorer, Palm desktop, etc, the only method that I've found so far is e-mailing the file. It then is stored somewhere where minitones can't find it. Grrrrrrrr...
    A card reader is probably the easiest and most reliable method to get them on your phone. Just transfer the mp3 files to card into the audio folder on the SD card, using a card reader. Then open up minitones and do your thing. You can find a decent SD card reader from Circuit City or Best Buy for under $15 or even somewhere cheaper online.
    Thanks! i just added minitones!
    I use bluetooth my files and send the files to the card. i installed minitones on the sd card. it worked right off the bat, trimming an MP3, and added it to ringtones!

now...how do i delete music files off of the main memory like ringtones, so i don't pile up music and waste space when i'm done with the done?

palm files only lets me see whats on the card.
    Thanks! i just added minitones!
    I use bluetooth my files and send the files to the card. i installed minitones on the sd card. it worked right off the bat, trimming an MP3, and added it to ringtones!

now...how do i delete music files off of the main memory like ringtones, so i don't pile up music and waste space when i'm done with the done?

palm files only lets me see whats on the card.
    Scoop,
    Try going to the main palm app launcher screen go to menu>delete> then select Pnhone (at top), then scroll down through the list you dhould see the file listed, highlight it and tap delete!

OR

load FileZ freeware.

Then you can delete it.

Superfoneguy,

ONce Minitones is loaded and then activated it will search for mp3files on your card.As for getting the mP3s to the card - you'll need to use a card reader for that and a way to make sure the tunes are in mP3 format ( I used Windows Media and Realplayer) - but only the test mode of real player and was thrilled that both Ptunes and Minitones read the Realplayer files!

What I like about minitones is that you can trim sections of the mP3 tu use for the ringtone - afterall who listens to the whole song as a ringtone? I trim to about 16 seconds. Minitones has a nice trimmer that lets you start and end anywhaer within the mP3!
    Last edited by Forgewizard; 01/02/2007 at 06:21 AM.
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12