1.    #1  
    How do you get the Home button on the Treo 680 to work with LauncherX? On my Cingular unit, it simply goes to the standard Palm Launcher. Any info. would be appreciated.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Quote Originally Posted by baje View Post
    You need to have the latest version. 5.42 takes care of that problem. I just updated it myself from the software section here on TC. You can also go to ZZ Techs site of course.
    http://www.zztechs.com
    jonecool stated: "LauncherX" not Zlauncher.

I'm no help either because I haven't got my 680, yet. My guess is LX will probably have to update the program?

EDIT: Send an email to - support@gotreosoftware.com

They picked up the software some time back. Ask and you should get a response.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    jonecool stated: "LauncherX" not Zlauncher.

I'm no help either because I haven't got my 680, yet. My guess is LX will probably have to update the program?
    If all else fails, you can use LudusP (http://www.ludustech.com/ludusp/) to remap any key on the phone. I am using it with SilverScreen to remap the Home key to it instead of the default launcher.
    I emailed them on another issue (that my registration number was not working on my 680) and got an email back stating that they were hoping to have the new version out which will be fully compatible with the 680 by Friday.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    The problem is that the 680, like the 700p, doesn't give you as much control over the button assignments. But LudusP definitely works. I'm using it now to replace the default Applications launcher with LauncherX.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    You can also use the free alternative:
    RNS:: TreoHomeFix Hack from http://www.ranosoft.net/treo
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    The current version of Launcher X works just fine (with home button) on my 680.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    How about the MRU feature which is currently present on standard Home button (MRU = Most recently used, pops up when holding Home in whatever application) ? Will that still work using TreoHomeFix ?
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    You're right - the MRU feature ceased working.

I didn't realise that because I'm using Hi-Launcher for the MRU list, which works fine, and has lots of other powerful features.

I'll have a look what can be fixed in TreoHomeFix to restore the MRU functionality.
    MRU works fine with the most recent version of Launcher X. Why are you worried about treohomefix if LauncherX is already working? (I see that the thread morphed away from LX and into treohomefix instead..)
    You're right. Anyway, TreoHomeFix is mentioned for those who use older versions of Launcher X. One of my friends does so because she likes the way 5-Way Navigator functioned in Launcher X 1.1, so she enjoys TreoHomeFix now.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Had same problem with my new 680 - downloaded this version of Launcher X from Palm 24/7 and iddid the trick

http://www.mobihand.com/palm247/product.asp?id=6064

Statto
    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Had same problem with my new 680 - downloaded this version of Launcher X from Palm 24/7 and iddid the trick

http://www.mobihand.com/palm247/product.asp?id=6064

Statto
    I have that same version and have had no problem with the home button launching Launcher X or showing MRU on my home key.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo View Post
    You're right - the MRU feature ceased working.

I didn't realise that because I'm using Hi-Launcher for the MRU list, which works fine, and has lots of other powerful features.

I'll have a look what can be fixed in TreoHomeFix to restore the MRU functionality.
    Thanks so much for the tip about Hi-Launcher. I've now installed it and love how it works (I also installed BT Toggle so I can use Hi-Launcher to toggle my bluetooth on and off without having to go into prefs). It's awesome!
    You're welcome! That's my duty to advertise my own products Great that you like Hi-Launcher!
    zlauncher 5.42 def. does NOT work for me with that home button....will be giving LudusP a try...

EDIT:LudusP works great!! Problem "solved"
    Last edited by bruckwine; 01/21/2007 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    zlauncher 5.42 def. does NOT work for me with that home button....will be giving LudusP a try...
    You need to use 5.43 beta1 or better beta2 (since beta1 will crash if you select left or right within the MRU list )
    It also fixes correct display of BT and Sound status using ZLpluginStatus
    See here
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user