1.    #1  
    Well I got home after being sooo excited and guess what???? Just like my 650 in the past my 680 has NO signal anywhere in my house..I used to get SO frusterated with my 650 and having NO signal in the house that I wanted to toss it out the window. SOOO it looks like I will return this tomorrow and stick with my Blacjack as the 3G gives me a full signal in the whole house. I know it sucks, but I kinda need a phone in the house, especially since we dont have a home phone....Looks like I will be waiting for the 750 on the 3G network.
    Aw, bummer. It's understandable though. Why have a phone when you can't use it? Might as well get something that gives you a good signal.
  3.    #3  
    Well it has been working ok with 2 bars...Just spend some time on it from my iving room..I will for sure be testing it.
    I think there are some really simple low-level repeaters available, but frankly I don't know much about it.
    You could always sell your house instead.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    you should keep it and swap the sim card when u leave the house.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I think there are some really simple low-level repeaters available, but frankly I don't know much about it.
    Wilson Electronics make Amplifiers for all types of uses: Home, Business, Mobile, etc.

http://www.wilsoncellular.com/

These can be purchased from various sellers on ebay as well.

I am actually considering the wireless amp for mobile uses. The "wireless" amp does not require you to tether to the phone itself.
  8.    #8  
    I have just decided to stick with the blackjack until the 750 comes...I just got frusterated after watching the bars go up and down and then to SOS only..GRRRR
    You live in a bunker?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.