1.    #1  
    I just got my Cingular Treo 680 today. One of the Cingular "experts" had told me a week ago that I would HAVE to take the $54.99/month "Data" feature that would give my unlimited Internet/Email/Data time and 100 free text messages per month.

Well, today when I bought the 680, a different Cingular person sold me the same package for $39.99/month.

Also, I found the $3.99/month I've been paying for "insurance" on my Treo 650 has been null and void for the 2+ years I've had it; Cingular does NOT insure Treos. They're supposed to send me info on a third-party that does provide for insurance on Treos; if anyone out there has the same type of info, please send it to me... TIA.

Now to my subject (finally) - the status light on my 680 does not blink green when online and amber when offline like my 650 does... I'm wondering if that's the way it's supposed to be. If so, I can no longer just look at the phone to see if it's online with Cingular but have to pick it up and press the call button. Bummer. TIA for any info on this or anything else you Treo experts think I need. I'm going to get really brave (maybe after a drink or two) tonight and set up my Email... hope it will be painless. Thanks for the ears.
    That's the way it's supposed to be. The 750v doesn't blink either and the Sprint 700p and 700wx don't blink (although the Verizon 700p and 700w do blink).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have a 700p from Verizon and my LED blinks green all the time when the phone is on and a steady red light when it is being charged. No lights to tell you when your online.
    Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post

Now to my subject (finally) - the status light on my 680 does not blink green when online and amber when offline like my 650 does... I'm wondering if that's the way it's supposed to be. If so, I can no longer just look at the phone to see if it's online with Cingular but have to pick it up and press the call button. Bummer. TIA for any info on this or anything else you Treo experts think I need. I'm going to get really brave (maybe after a drink or two) tonight and set up my Email... hope it will be painless. Thanks for the ears.
    It is a device limitation -- the 680 LED cannot blink (green or any other color). The 650 is more advanced in that regard.
    Not true. It doesn't blink green, but it will blink red if no signal or no sim card. I just tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky2 View Post
    It is a device limitation -- the 680 LED cannot blink (green or any other color). The 650 is more advanced in that regard.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    I just got my Cingular Treo 680 today. One of the Cingular "experts" had told me a week ago that I would HAVE to take the $54.99/month "Data" feature that would give my unlimited Internet/Email/Data time and 100 free text messages per month.

Well, today when I bought the 680, a different Cingular person sold me the same package for $39.99/month.

Also, I found the $3.99/month I've been paying for "insurance" on my Treo 650 has been null and void for the 2+ years I've had it; Cingular does NOT insure Treos. They're supposed to send me info on a third-party that does provide for insurance on Treos; if anyone out there has the same type of info, please send it to me... TIA.

I had the same issue on the insurance a while back....make sure you get a credit for EVERY PENNY that you paid them for insurance. It took me a month or two, but I got all of my money back.

On the signal issue...I am sorry, but this is a tad amusing to see the few posts on this topic. When the 650 first came out, there were countless threads about how incompetent Palm was to have the incessant blinking lights that caused people headaches and anxiety at night, in their cars, etc.. Developer came out with software to stop it, and now some are going to return their new treos because of "device limitations".

On the 680s that I have had for 8 days now, The Treo Glows red during Charging, blinks red when the sim card is out, and glows solid green when the charge is complete. I am sure something can be done to make it blink green as well. as for yellow, I am not sure about that one, but I am sure that many will speculate, and have "reliable sources" before we get a complete and fully accurate answer, but that is the way things work around here.

I, for one, hope you enjoy the world of Treos, as well as your drink (or 2). Most of the setup and functions are going to be painless, and I think you will find it a very useful and enjoyable tool.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >