1.    #1  
    With my 650, I got very used to the comforting slow green blink when my phone was in coverage. My 680 doesn't, by default, do this. But I can't figure out where this setting is. Anyone know?
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky2 View Post
    With my 650, I got very used to the comforting slow green blink when my phone was in coverage. My 680 doesn't, by default, do this. But I can't figure out where this setting is. Anyone know?
    The 680 doesn't do this. So many people found it annoying on the 650 that several apps were written to shut it off.

I suppose now someone will write an app to turn it back on?
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    The 680 doesn't do this. So many people found it annoying on the 650 that several apps were written to shut it off.

I suppose now someone will write an app to turn it back on?
    I hope so! I like the blinking green, I guess because my 650 reset so much I was never real sure whether it was on!
    I know that butler stopped my from blinking. But if you just got it and turned it on? It should blink.
    Mine is always constant green
    if there is ONE application I am waiting for and I am ready to pay $$$ - that's to be THE one which will bring back the led behaviour from 650. My phone looks like dead even its on. Palm or anyone , pleaseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's going to be tough to make them blink, I suspect. They're almost (though not quite of course) hard-wired that way. I found why mine was always on green--I had Chatter "Keep LED Off" checked off. Paradoxically, unchecking that turned it off.
    Write to Palm. They took out the ability for developers to control the LED, as well as removed the LED blinking when there is service because most people don't like it. I myself would love to have that back too!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Does anyone know if the 700p has the green led blinking light?