Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    I understand the system said 1-2 weeks, however, there is an expectation that when you "pre-order" a product, you will be among the first to receive it rather than the last.

    Palm has demonstrated that rather than fulfill a commitment to their most loyal customers, they'd rather screw them over, waste their time, and not deliver the product in a timely manner since everyone has already committed to pay the full amount.

    It's pathetic and shows how ridiculous Palm's infrastructure is that the most loyal customers are jumping through hoops to acquire the new product through unusual means (airport stores, etc) even though the orders have been secured for weeks.

    Thanks for the lack of a delivery date and for the wasted time. I'm not sure if Palm being an incompetent organization or a careless one is better, but it's definitely one of the two.
  2. iomatic's Avatar
    Posts
    629 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    #2  
    I guess they'll miss out on some sales.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but I doubt all the angry, upset, whiny posters here make enough of a significant impact on their bottom line, so I doubt they really care what you think.
  3. mrjoec's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
    I guess they'll miss out on some sales.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but I doubt all the angry, upset, whiny posters here make enough of a significant impact on their bottom line, so I doubt they really care what you think.
    You're absolutely right. But it's still bad business.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  4. #4  
    It's bad business, but they've done this every new release consistently. That's one reason I didn't pre-order from Palm this time.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5. #5  
    Honestly, calm down, they said it wont ship untill atleast Dec. 1. So lets wait untill monday before we freak out. You guys arent making friends with the Palm people who monitor this and other forums
  6. #6  
    Are you kidding? We are the customers! The customer is always right. Unless you are a Palm customer.
  7. mrjoec's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by elpom55 View Post
    Honestly, calm down, they said it wont ship untill atleast Dec. 1. So lets wait untill monday before we freak out. You guys arent making friends with the Palm people who monitor this and other forums
    Why do I need to make friends with anyone at Palm? I'm giving them money, not the other way around. It's good that they hear some customers are displeased. That's one of the many functions of a forum.

    And I don't think too many people here are "freaking out". They're just making note of their displeasure. Perhaps Palm can learn from this.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  8. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #8  
    I never pre-order from palm. I always go in store and buy. Always turns out to be the fastest way to get a newly released toy in my hands.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by elpom55 View Post
    Honestly, calm down, they said it wont ship untill atleast Dec. 1. So lets wait untill monday before we freak out. You guys arent making friends with the Palm people who monitor this and other forums
    Missing the point? They're not making any friends here by shipping it before December 1 for retail sales to people who didn't pre-order.
  10. #10  
    At this point, I'm sorry I pre-ordered from Palm. I really believe the stores will get them before the pre-orders will go out. I hope I'm wrong.
  11. r6girl's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccomputing View Post
    I understand the system said 1-2 weeks, however, there is an expectation that when you "pre-order" a product, you will be among the first to receive it rather than the last.

    Palm has demonstrated that rather than fulfill a commitment to their most loyal customers, they'd rather screw them over, waste their time, and not deliver the product in a timely manner since everyone has already committed to pay the full amount.

    It's pathetic and shows how ridiculous Palm's infrastructure is that the most loyal customers are jumping through hoops to acquire the new product through unusual means (airport stores, etc) even though the orders have been secured for weeks.

    Thanks for the lack of a delivery date and for the wasted time. I'm not sure if Palm being an incompetent organization or a careless one is better, but it's definitely one of the two.
    i agree. this is the first time i've tried to pre-order a new product from palm, and i won't do it again in the future. with a pre-order, i do think it's a normal expectation that these will ship sooner than to anywhere else, and it's a shame that palm hasn't done this. however, my guess is that it's more a result of carelessness than anything intentional. hopefully they'll consider this in the future for new product releases...
  12. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccomputing View Post
    Missing the point? They're not making any friends here by shipping it before December 1 for retail sales to people who didn't pre-order.
    In order for retail stores to start selling them on Dec. 1st.....they have to have them instock by Dec. 1st. Which means they had to ship them before Dec. 1st to start selling them by Dec. 1st. So Palm has done nothing wrong. If your phone dosent ship by tomorrow then you will have somthing to complain about.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  13.    #13  
    Screw them, ordered it from the SFO store and I'll have it tomorrow morning.
  14. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccomputing View Post
    Screw them, ordered it from the SFO store and I'll have it tomorrow morning.
    Thats all ways the fastest! Good luck with your new toy!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  15. kmorris's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cccomputing View Post
    Screw them, ordered it from the SFO store and I'll have it tomorrow morning.
    What color did you get? I was told by the Atlanta store they had graphite, so I cancelled my pre-order with PALM....then called Atlanta back only to hear 'sorry, I made a mistake. The graphites won't be in til Tuesday'!!!!!

    I am so mad I could scream! I've tried all the other stores but can't find graphite!
  16. #16  
    I just called & the guy said they will be shipping within 7-10 days of Nov 27th. Obviously we haven't been able to believe much they have said thus far, so more than likely means nada.
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    What color did you get? I was told by the Atlanta store they had graphite, so I cancelled my pre-order with PALM....then called Atlanta back only to hear 'sorry, I made a mistake. The graphites won't be in til Tuesday'!!!!!

    I am so mad I could scream! I've tried all the other stores but can't find graphite!
    Crimson, supposedly their last one.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    At this point, I'm sorry I pre-ordered from Palm. I really believe the stores will get them before the pre-orders will go out. I hope I'm wrong.
    Hate to break it to you, but you're not wrong. I've been off and on the phone with Palm today and they genuinely don't know why the preorders aren't available but the stores have the equipment.

    Makes me mad too, but what can you do other than yell curse and scream?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by anamcara View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but you're not wrong. I've been off and on the phone with Palm today and they genuinely don't know why the preorders aren't available but the stores have the equipment.

    Makes me mad too, but what can you do other than yell curse and scream?
    Make a website called smashmytreo.com and email the link to Palm.
    =P

    But seriously, this sucks. I'm tired of coming home from work and not seeing a notice that Fed-Ex came by...
  20. #20  
    might be time for eBay....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions