Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I need a reliable alarm clock program for my 680. I purchased MobileClock (version 3.9.01) and it crashed my Treo just before the alarm went off. The reason that I bought the program is that it allowed mp3s to be used as alarms. Perhaps I will have to resort to world clock and use a non-mp3 alarm, provided that it is stable, and will not crash the device.

Anyone have some experience with an alarm program, world clock or otherwise, that can lead me to which program I need?

Thanks a lot!

Photios
    I use Butler. Can't remember if it's on the list of incompatible apps or not, though...
    I use the build in calander app. For important events I put two items in there.
    I've been using mobileClock on the 650, 700p and have tried it on the 680 with no problem. I've relied on it for 18 months and it never let me down (and I use an MP3 as the alarm). I would go back and try to get it working. Do you have other software loaded?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The only app really running is xpress email, which get's email pushed to it from my office. That program is always running...

I also have DateBk 5. I don't use DateBk to do alarms because in my Palm T3, it was sometimes unreliable.
    How do you know it was mobileClock that crashed it if it was before the alarm? Not trying to say you aren't having a problem, it's that the program has been very reliable for me and I looked at alot before deciding on this one. The developer is also very responsive and is constantly releasing new versions.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    The most reliable alarm is the built-in worldclock. Not fancy, but it works every time. I also use clock wireless at times, but nothing beats worldclock for reliability.
    Yes worldclock is reliable, but I'm not reliable in remembering to set it. Unfortunately it doesn't have a way to set recurring alarms.

I've been using mobileclock for over a year on the 650, now on the 680. Never had a problem.

G
    I have used Butler without issue
    I use MultiClock and it's very reliable. I'm not sure about mp3 files, though. http://www.palmadd.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    I have used Butler without issue
    butler is alive and working well on the treo 680?
    Mobile clock is about 95% reliable for my 650. I resets the phone or just doesn't go off the other 5% of the time.
    I love using butler, I'll let you know how it works once my 680 arrives
    Treo Alarm has been working fine for me.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baje View Post
    Treo Alarm has been working fine for me.
    Yup! TreoAlarm has been the best for alarm clock functionality and for weather updates.

Highly recommend it!

Edit: TreoAlarm does not support mp3 songs for alarms. It only uses the built-in or MIDI polyphonic ring tones.

Last edited by mrjasjit; 11/30/2006 at 08:26 PM.
    I agree, TreoAlarm is the best. I don't have the 680 yet, but when I do, I will be adding TreoAlarm. It's very easy to use. Not sure if it allows you to use MP3s for the alarm sound though.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3 View Post
    I agree, TreoAlarm is the best. I don't have the 680 yet, but when I do, I will be adding TreoAlarm. It's very easy to use. Not sure if it allows you to use MP3s for the alarm sound though.
    Sadly it does not. A quote from www.treoalarm.com, as follows:

"Multiple alarms; use any built-in or downloaded MIDI polyphonic ring tone".

I suppose if enough TCers' requested mp3 support for alarms it might make it.
    Just my .02, but why would you want an MP3 song as an alarm? I use the "triangle" sound that came with the Treo 650, and it is annoying enough to wake me up to turn the darn thing off. When I use music, it becomes part of my dream and I continue sleeping.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3 View Post
    Just my .02, but why would you want an MP3 song as an alarm? I use the "triangle" sound that came with the Treo 650, and it is annoying enough to wake me up to turn the darn thing off. When I use music, it becomes part of my dream and I continue sleeping.
    Haha...not personally, I was just replying that TreoAlarm doesn't support mp3 songs for the alarm.

Yea, I've tried using songs to wake up, but always revert back to the most annoying sound from the PC or phone I can find.
    I just leave the phone on vibrate by the bed. On the wooden nightstand, the vibration noise will "wake the dead" ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast