Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I use Watchmaker... It's free and allows for multiple alarms.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-369.html
    PalmaryClock Wireless...

www.palmarysoft.com
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Treo Alarm crashes my 680. It was fantastic on my 650.
    Another vote for watchmaker, multiple alarms from any of the built in alarm files,, Loud Aria can break the deepest sleep
    I used Butler, so far so good
    very loud mp3 multiple alarms

my problem, I need to silence my Treo at night except the morning alarm! how to do that
    if I press the top sounds-off button, everything is gonna be silent even Butler and other alarm proggies

I need no phone calls, no SMS ringing in the middle of the night, just the 8:00 ALARM

TIA
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    PalmaryClock Wireless...

www.palmarysoft.com
    This is what the wife and I use.
    I use 2playme for alarms (and for many other purposes too...)
    I use Weekup, you set the alarm and it goes off the same time every day. If you have a change in schedule you can make a one-time change and it will revert back to the original setting next week.

I hardly ever use Datebk 5 for alarms anymore. it is not reliable on my Treo
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    PalmaryClock wireless for me too. Atomic clock sync, all the alarms you could want, and gorgeous to boot. If only I could remember not to silence the phone....

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo View Post
    PalmaryClock wireless for me too. Atomic clock sync, all the alarms you could want, and gorgeous to boot. If only I could remember not to silence the phone....

Mac
    I silence mine all the time and forget to turn it back on before I go to sleep, but I have found that the noise my 680 make from vibrating alone is enough to wake me when I'm in a hotel room!!

TreoAlarm here. Serves its purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by RawData View Post
    I use Butler. Can't remember if it's on the list of incompatible apps or not, though...
    At least for me, Butler shows two alarm screens if I dismiss the alarm screen too fast. This and a few other bugs in newer features have annoyed me so much I stopped using Butler now that the registration system has changed and will force me to re-purchase the program.
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    I silence mine all the time and forget to turn it back on before I go to sleep, but I have found that the noise my 680 make from vibrating alone is enough to wake me when I'm in a hotel room!!

TreoAlarm here. Serves its purpose.
    TreoAlarm is very good, but very unstable as well. I kept having all king of weird crashes while using it. Other users have confirmed this in forums. Even though it was my preferred alarm program, I had to remove it.
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerRJ View Post
    At least for me, Butler shows two alarm screens if I dismiss the alarm screen too fast. This and a few other bugs in newer features have annoyed me so much I stopped using Butler now that the registration system has changed and will force me to re-purchase the program.
    No, you just request a new code, you don't have to pay any more.

Never had a problem with Butler alarms myself.
    I'll throw in another vote for Butler. It has been my one and only alarm, and has woken me up every day reliably for the past 6 months. Great customizable alarms, and does a TON of other cool stuff also.
    By far my favorite / MUST have app on my 680.
    TreoAlarm is very good, but very unstable as well. I kept having all king of weird crashes while using it. Other users have confirmed this in forums. Even though it was my preferred alarm program, I had to remove it.
    Interesting to see this, I've not had any problems with TreoAlarm. That I know of. The phone did lock up the other morning before the alarm went off, but I woke up just before it was to go off, and I chalked it up to the change in DST.

Maybe I'll do some searching and see if it was TreoAlarm that was the cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    No, you just request a new code, you don't have to pay any more.

Never had a problem with Butler alarms myself.
    Wrong. HobbyistSoftware gives you free upgrades up to one year, and only if you bought through its website or through a reseller that explicitely stated the 1-year free upgrade period. Now that the code has changed, you must login through HobbyistSoftware's website and get the new code. If the system detects your registration is more than one year old, it asks you to pay an "upgrade" (registration renewal) fee.
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'm very happy with mobileclock. There was a feature I found was missing from mobile clock, so I just spent some time looking at the alternatives (Palmary, TreoAlarm, Butler, Watchmaker). As an alarm clock with cool snoozability they all fell short.

So I'm back to my ol' faithful.

http://rmobile.ca/
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Wrong. HobbyistSoftware gives you free upgrades up to one year, and only if you bought through its website or through a reseller that explicitely stated the 1-year free upgrade period. Now that the code has changed, you must login through HobbyistSoftware's website and get the new code. If the system detects your registration is more than one year old, it asks you to pay an "upgrade" (registration renewal) fee.
    Okay, then wrong for you I guess... I purchased Butler about 9 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    Interesting to see this, I've not had any problems with TreoAlarm. That I know of. The phone did lock up the other morning before the alarm went off, but I woke up just before it was to go off, and I chalked it up to the change in DST.

Maybe I'll do some searching and see if it was TreoAlarm that was the cause.
    My "alarm" when I used TreoAlarm was about 2 days a week hearing the phone turn back on as the Treo did a reset.

Dumped that POS and went to some other options for a while, but settled on Butler. It works 100%.

As a bootnote, I found that if I disabled the weather updating in TreoAlarm it was more stable. Kind of defeated the whole purpose of it for me, however. So I wound up buying TreoAlarm, poopooing it, and buying 4Cast and Butler. They work great.
    ... now that the registration system has changed and will force me to re-purchase the program.
    you get the new registration code for free - Just goto the website and get it converted.

[edit - just saw the post above. It's being registered more than 1 year that's the problem not the fact that you need a new registration code]

J.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast