1.    #1  
    We get a lot of people in our store that were on the old AT&T charter plan who opted for the unlocked 650.

Wanted to know for sure that it would still work with the 680.

Can anyone confirm?
    I have and old AT&T Plan and will be getting a unlocked 680 if they ever ship. I will post back as soon as I get it. I don't think we will have any issues.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I HAD an old blue ATT Sim, but the 680 Cingular phone would not recognize it.
    There is a like-for-like program for people who are still transferring from ATT so I was able to get same minutes, data plan for same price. I have since unlocked the phone (there is a fellow on eBay selling unlock codes) becuase I need to use foreign SIMS while traveling in other countries. Everything seems to be working OK. The Cingular REP also told me that the Cingular SIMs will connect to more cell sites without roaming than the ATT Sim. In some cities this significantly can improve coverage. Not sure if it was true, but I've been an ATT hold-out long enough and finally went to Cingular.

Just watch - they'll probably change names again and we'll be back to ATT SIMS again!

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla View Post
    There is a like-for-like program for people who are still transferring from ATT so I was able to get same minutes, data plan for same price.
    I have not been able to find anyone at Cingular that will match my AT&T plan. I have 900min, 7pm nights, and free incoming SMS.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I had a $59.99 voice and $19.99 media plan.
    I had to change the media plan to 24.99 (or something like that) and it came with 1000 SMS per month. Voice was same.
    Just FYI, My AT&T sim had no issues in an unlocked 680 from Palm. Tested web access, SMS, and sending Pictures. Voice quality is 200% better than my unlocked 650.
    I'm an AT&T Charter Member, and recvd delivery of my Unlocked Arctic, (what no black?) Treo680. Everything is working fine.

No problems with network connections, nor GPRS.
    PalmV-PalmM500-Treo180-Treo600-Treo650-Treo680
    Same here, I am a AT&T Charter member with the unlimited plan. I still have to use an old number from another state because Cingular says I have to switch to their network if I want a local number. Makes no sense to me. They say the plan is no longer in their system, but they seem to be able to bill me every month. Any SF bay area members still on the Charter plan?

BTW, everything works great connection wise. Web browsing and email work great. Verichat is giving me issues, but I will try to find something to replace it. Any idea?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodoctor View Post
    We get a lot of people in our store that were on the old AT&T charter plan who opted for the unlocked 650.

Wanted to know for sure that it would still work with the 680.

Can anyone confirm?
    I lost my 650, had Cingular send me another Blue SIM, and am happily using my AT&T Charter account in an unlocked, copper 680 shipped directly from Palm.
    I am using an AT&T SIM in an unlocked crimson 680 and Cingular unlocked 2 680's purchased during their buy one get one free sale so I could use AT&T SIMs in them as well. No problems. I am in the SF Bay Area and started with CellularOne.

Cingular will NOT match my AT&T plan so here I stay.
    Clie -> Treo 270 unlocked -> Treo 600 unlocked -> Treo 650 unlocked -> Treo 680 Crimson + Graphite (can you hold on, the other line is ringing...)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonlTreo View Post
    I am using an AT&T SIM in an unlocked crimson 680 and Cingular unlocked 2 680's purchased during their buy one get one free sale so I could use AT&T SIMs in them as well. No problems. I am in the SF Bay Area and started with CellularOne.

Cingular will NOT match my AT&T plan so here I stay.
    Hey RonlTreo, seems like we are in the same boat. I started with CellularOne > AT&T > Cingular > AT&T (someday soon). At times I have also had accounts with PacBell that later became Cingular and Sprint.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Do we even know if they have Cingular Blue 680s, or is it Cingular Orange or Unlocked only?

I'm a CNB person as well and don't want to switch to CNG, although in my case I'm waiting for the 750
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Do we even know if they have Cingular Blue 680s, or is it Cingular Orange or Unlocked only?

I'm a CNB person as well and don't want to switch to CNG, although in my case I'm waiting for the 750
    You have 2 choices of Treo 680 at this time:
    - Cingular locked to Orange SIMs
    - Palm unlocked

I have 2 blue (AT&T) and 2 orange (Cingular) lines and upgraded the Orange lines to Treos and had them unlocked to use with blue SIMs.
    Clie -> Treo 270 unlocked -> Treo 600 unlocked -> Treo 650 unlocked -> Treo 680 Crimson + Graphite (can you hold on, the other line is ringing...)
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3 View Post
    Hey RonlTreo, seems like we are in the same boat. I started with CellularOne > AT&T > Cingular > AT&T (someday soon). At times I have also had accounts with PacBell that later became Cingular and Sprint.
    As goes AT&T, I tried setting up combined billing so that my cellular lines would appear on my AT&T (ex-Pac Bell/SBC) bill. When you do that, you can no longer manage your cellular lines on the Cingular web site. They don't tell you that, so be forewarned!
    I have an AT&T Wireless SIM. The stamp is right on it. haha My Unlocked 680 works GREAT! No resets or hangs (once I found out which program from my 650 was causing it to crash...happened to be AIM 1.0 UK). So it works awesome!
    Last edited by Silent; 12/10/2006 at 12:37 PM.