Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dialup

22 91.67%
  • Proxy

2 8.33%
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    What percentage of people use PdaNet straight up for dial up networking v. by proxy? I find using the by proxy mode to be kind of slow and not always reliable, but at the same time, I'm paranoid about getting "busted" for using the DUN. How much data use can you "safely" use through DUN without getting your unlimited data plan revoked?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I was concerned as well. So I asked June Fabrics (maker of PdaNet) which I should use. I was told just to use the dialup setting and I would have no problems with Sprint. So far so good.

That said I do a lot of streaming, email attchments, and surfing. So my DUN data us probably less than my ussual usage.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48 View Post
    I was concerned as well. So I asked June Fabrics (maker of PdaNet) which I should use. I was told just to use the dialup setting and I would have no problems with Sprint. So far so good.

That said I do a lot of streaming, email attchments, and surfing. So my DUN data us probably less than my ussual usage.
    I use Verizon, so I'm not sure if Verizon is more vigilant about supervising the use of its customers.
    No problems w/ dial-up, here. I never go nuts with it, mind you (and use it fairly frequently, especially while travelling), but with apps such as MobiTV or PTunes out there that use tons of data, I don't think you'll raise any eyebrows unless you're downloading multiple gigs each month. I've never paid attention to data usage, and have never had any surprise charges on my bill. From this, anyway. Sprint has socked me with a whole bunch of other crap from time to time.
    good product...bad support from company