Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    This app used to be updated every few months. It finally got updated to 2.36, apparently today. Downloaded and installed fine to my Treo 700p. Still takes several seconds to open the first email read after launching. 8 months since the last update and they still haven't fixed it. Worked MUCH better on my Treo 600. I haven't checked to see if filed messages become corrupted as they did on the last version.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i have snappermail on my treo 700p with version 2.3.6.01 and dont experience any slowness. are you using IMAP or POP3 servers?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It has nothing to do with the server, but with displaying a message that is already downloaded. The first one takes forever. After that, each message opens instantly. Was never a problem on my old Treo.
    they (snapper) keep promising updates, bug fixes with no results! Snapper is old news. After months of waiting, they release an update with more issues!

Chatter is the best, it keeps getting better each day
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I have finally given up on snapper....
    yep.
    After trying Chatter and getting spoiled by a developer who releases new betas nearly every other day, I finally bailed on Snapper. Too little development, too long between releases, too little innovation.
    Snapper's been good to me save the fact that it takes forever to download attachments. Program works. And it's stable.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Chatter is the way to go. I am a former Snapper user, and have never looked back!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    Snapper's been good to me save the fact that it takes forever to download attachments. Program works. And it's stable.
    Let's see. Chatter works. It's stable. It downloads attachments as fast as my non-EVDO Treo can.

And... it pushes (if you want, or not if you don't need that). Background operation. It has a far better method of entering addresses. Battery saving options. Really great IMAP (yeah, Snapper is pretty good here too). Active, I mean ACTIVE, development. A super-responsive developer. And it's cheaper.

How can there be any question?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Amen to that.

My wife has chatter on her 650 and is set to POP gmail every 4 hours. She loves it! I have it on my 700p and it pushes my IMAP all day. Everything I could do with Snapper I can do with Chatter +10, not to mention the updates are amazing!

Bag Snapper, try the Chatter Free Trial, you will love it.
    Simple. I'm not starting with a clean slate. I've already paid for one and not the other. The added value for me, right now, of switching to a different solution is little--there's a cost in doing so, both financially, and in setting up/learning to use a new program (as well as possible conflicts with other software on my device, which as we all know can be maddening to diagnose).

Now, if I were comparing both programs in the first instance, quite possibly I'd arrive at a different conclusion. So your ultimate question little relevance to my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by swilcox View Post
    Let's see. Chatter works. It's stable. It downloads attachments as fast as my non-EVDO Treo can.

And... it pushes (if you want, or not if you don't need that). Background operation. It has a far better method of entering addresses. Battery saving options. Really great IMAP (yeah, Snapper is pretty good here too). Active, I mean ACTIVE, development. A super-responsive developer. And it's cheaper.

How can there be any question?