Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    OK, after going back and forth a zillion times between graphite and arctic, I JUST ORDERED the arctic from the SFO store!!!! I decided I've had enough silver/grey phones/PDAs! It should arrive on Saturday!

I couldn't deal with Palm anymore! Glad I cancelled my order with them.

Those of you with arctic, PLEASE POST MORE PHOTOS!!!!! Can't wait to get mine this weekend! Thanks Stephanie from the SFO store!
    Hello my fellow treo users. Lady_Treo here and just wanted to thank everyone for placing their orders through us. We are almost sold out. I'm located at the SFO location. Not on Market st. Also if anyone else would like one we are done shipping out for today. Saturday would be the earliest we could get them to you. NO MORE SPECIAL PRICING either. But we are still giving away the music mobile pak (while supplies last ofcourse) which does come with a 1gb card. Which alone is a great value. But anyway thanx everyone for getting me called in on my day off and well keep you updated.
    Not a prob KMorris we are here to serve the treo public. Please everyone recommend us to your other treo friends. We are the #1 shop
    I placed my order for a Crimson 680 at SFO this afternoon and got FedEx tracking info that I will receive it by 10:30 am TOMORROW!!!! (And I live in Wilmington, DE). I got the discount and the music pack, too, and had no problem cancelling my preorder (made 11/23) with Palm. Thanks so much to TreoCentral for this awesome thread and thanks to the folks at SFO. Johnie rocks -- he was so great to deal with!!!
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    sweet man! Glad for you - hope my graphite looks as good when it arrives in EASTER from Palm
    I actually wanted the graphite as well. In fact, I was surprised not to see it that I look through all the boxes on the floor to double-check. No-go for now.
    Thanks, SFO store!

Ship date
    Nov 30, 2006

Estimated delivery
    Dec 1, 2006 10:30 AM
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    Those who got the arctic....are you worried it will get dirty?
    Definitely. That's what gave me pause - but only for a sec.

I suppose graphite would be the best bet against looking dirty. Kinda like getting a gray car.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Thanks so much to TreoCentral for this awesome thread and thanks to the folks at SFO.
    I know, TC was the first place I though of when I saw the 680's this morning - I posted it right in the shop from my laptop. Little did I know that the nice people staffing the Palm store were also TC'ers (I suppose I should have known). We were watching the thread develop in real time from the store before I left. lol.
    Last edited by tcc; 11/30/2006 at 07:22 PM.
    Well, thank YOU, tcc, for starting this thread -- I'm very grateful to be getting my new 680 tomorrow!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc View Post
    Gang, for those that are interested, attached are 3 pics of the Arctic Treo 680 which I bought this morning at SFO. There is a pic of the front, rear, and the Phone Info page.
    So Sexy! If it had 3G I'd be all over it...alas it doesn't...but soo sexy!
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    "Mr. Joe, what DNS did you change and what sim card do you have? I think I still have the old 32k sim cards."

I changed the dns numbers to:

There are lots of threads about this. Basically, your download doesn't get faster, but your lag drops considerably.

I replaced my SIM a while back when Cingular asked me to. So I have one of the newer ones.

Blazer on the 680 is soooooo much better than on the 650. So far, my favorite improvement.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    I got the tracking number for my Crimson also. It's on the way, tomorrow will be a long day at work. Gee if I got sick I could stay home and take pictures.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  13.    #93  
    Ok, here is one last batch of pics. More 3/4 views of the top from the front and rear, a picture of the music pack envelope and contents, and the new Access/Palm OS startup logo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ok, here is one last batch of pics. More 3/4 views of the top from the front and rear, a picture of the music pack envelope and contents, and the new Access/Palm OS startup logo.
    Great photos! Now I am soooo psyched to get my arctic on Saturday!
    I just wanted to give big props to Mike and the folks at the SFO store! I just received a follow up call from him to go over my order and he gave me my FedEx tracking number. Big day for me tomorrow; gonna get my new TV and my new Treo!
    I have to ditto those kudos to Mike at SFO -- he just gave me a follow-up call, also, to make sure I got my Fed Ex tracking number and Johnie gave me his cell earlier, to ensure that I could reach him directly in the event of any problems. I'm SO impressed with everyone at SFO -- unbelievably great customer service (and better price than I got at Palm, to boot!)!!!!!!!!!!
    OOOOOOOOOOOOO so Sexy. I know the 680 is only a little smaller but it looks tiny in those pictures.
    Or do you get the music pack and screen protector only from the website?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    By the way, for those of you who are going unlocked but were worried about setting up the network stuff, when I popped in my SIM, it read the correct GPRS settings for Cingular automatically. I went in and changed the DNS numbers, of course, but everything else was preset. Not sure if this will work everywhere, or if it will work for T-Mob or in Europe, but it worked for Cingular here in SF.
    I have AT&T legacy SIM through Cingular and travel to Europe and Asia. My unlocked 650 always works with that SIM, seeking out the right partner. Of course I can also pop local SIMs in as required. They have always done the right thing as well. I guess the default settings come off the SIM but can be overidden manually.
    I got the same bonus music pack from SFO offered by the Palm website (but the price was discounted from the Palm price).
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast