Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dietcokecan View Post
    Just called SFO store. they only have the copper and arctic left. Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow for my Crimson.
    Yeah I just called too. I might wait on the graphite one I have on order. Getting the educational discount too.

I do admit that Artic looks good.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by gina77 View Post
    Can you post some pics of the crimson? That is what I ordered and am dying to see some pics! Thanks!
    Sorry gina77, I flipped out at the last second and decided to trade if for an Arctic before leaving the shop. :-) But I'd be happy to post pics of the Arctic one if anyone would like to see it.
  3. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc View Post
    Sorry gina77, I flipped out at the last second and decided to trade if for an Arctic before leaving the shop. :-) But I'd be happy to post pics of the Arctic one if anyone would like to see it.
    I'd love to see them, please post liberally!
    *taps fingers*
    yes, yes, pls post PICS of the arctic!! this is the color i pre-ordered from palm and have been very impatiently waiting for!

Palm Vx->Palm m505->Palm Tungsten T3
  6.    #66  
    Gang, for those that are interested, attached are 3 pics of the Arctic Treo 680 which I bought this morning at SFO. There is a pic of the front, rear, and the Phone Info page.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So I called Palm to cancel my order (after confirming that I could have a nice shiny crimson 680 shipped to me from SFO store)

After speaking to a mindless CSR, got the manager on the line. She told me that I could not cancel my order because as of 2:20pm EST, there was movement on my order and the option had gone away to cancel.

That said, she noted that since I was one of the first to order (11/21 at 9:16pm PST), it was likely that my order was boxed up today for shipment.

She would NOT, however, confirm when the order would actually go out. Apparently the CSRs have been scolded for giving out false info so now no one will commit to any dates.

I pressed for more info on shipment or cancellation (told her it was ridiculous that she could not cancel but could not tell me when it would ship) and she spoke to another manager, etc, and they said it would be possible to cancel but they could not guarantee since they would have to deal with distribution center.

Here's to hoping that it's coming soon (at the end, she sounded hopeful without committing)

PS the rep on the phone at SFO was super friendly -- if I didn't want my education discount, I would have called back!
  8. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Gang, for those that are interested, attached are 3 pics of the Arctic Treo 680 which I bought this morning at SFO. There is a pic of the front, rear, and the Phone Info page.
    Verrry nice, so what made you go for the arctic?
    Interesting the Cingular one I have is software version 1.02
    sweet man! Glad for you - hope my graphite looks as good when it arrives in EASTER from Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTenTodd View Post
    Interesting the Cingular one I have is software version 1.02
    That is one thing that is nice about the unlocked version. Palm can put out software updates without it having to go through carrier approval.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    Verrry nice, so what made you go for the arctic?
    Well, I originally bought the crimson treo, which I really like - it's actually not that bright to me, and slightly metallic-looking. But I use my phone around the office quite a bit, and I suppose the crimson treo seemed too much of a "Look at me! Look at me!" device. I prefer to be a bit lower-key. So I ended up switching it for an Arctic before I left the shop.

Ultimately, I love the crimson Treo, but I kinda felt like I was using a cellular "bat-phone". (see attached pic for the uninitiated).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tcc; 11/30/2006 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Typos
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    By the way, for those of you who are going unlocked but were worried about setting up the network stuff, when I popped in my SIM, it read the correct GPRS settings for Cingular automatically. I went in and changed the DNS numbers, of course, but everything else was preset. Not sure if this will work everywhere, or if it will work for T-Mob or in Europe, but it worked for Cingular here in SF.

Still slowly syncing my data and apps a few at a time. So far, so good.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Those who got the arctic....are you worried it will get dirty?

That is beautiful, very sexy
    the artic looks great!! i can't wait...

Palm Vx->Palm m505->Palm Tungsten T3
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    LADY_TREO,

any more Artic whites available? I get off work at 7-8 and would drive down to pick one up if you can hook it up. I left you a voicemail.

Cannot wait... or i'll just end up waiting for my palm order.

Mr. Joe, what DNS did you change and what sim card do you have? I think I still have the old 32k sim cards.
    Last edited by spinteews; 11/30/2006 at 06:18 PM. Reason: change phone number
    Quote Originally Posted by palmfan888 View Post
    Which store did you order from?
    I ordered from the SFO store. Now I'm wondering if I should've just waited, as there seems to be movement...but when I called this morning the CSR told me it was shipping in another week
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverinewizard View Post
    I ordered from the SFO store. Now I'm wondering if I should've just waited, as there seems to be movement...but when I called this morning the CSR told me it was shipping in another week
    Yeah, they told me that too, but their stories have been horribly inconsistent. I wouldn't hold my breath -- if you've gotten confirmation from the SFO store, call up and cancel your order with palm.com!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Well, I originally bought the crimson treo, which I really like - it's actually not that bright to me, and slightly metallic-looking. But I use my phone around the office quite a bit, and I suppose the crimson treo seemed too much of a "Look at me! Look at me!" device. I prefer to be a bit lower-key. So I ended up switching it for an Arctic before I left the shop.

Ultimately, I love the crimson Treo, but I kinda felt like I was using a cellular "bat-phone". (see attached pic for the uninitiated).
    TCC, the artic looks great!!!!

I am going to hold on to my Palm order, but I a very glad you put those pics up!! I can't wait..

s
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast