Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nope, it is an on-line application. Ben
    Sad to report that it does not work well on my Sprint 700P. When in KwikMaps and searching for a contact's address to map, I noticed that not all my contacts are visible in the search dialogue. Also, the 'Map' menu function (or soft button) does not appear in the contacts app. So it's deleted from my treo.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Those that are visible are those contacts that have addresses; if no address, no show. In addition, the MAP function does not appear in the contacts application. This application reads the contact database, it does not use the contacts application to get that information.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Sad to report that it does not work well on my Sprint 700P. When in KwikMaps and searching for a contact's address to map, I noticed that not all my contacts are visible in the search dialogue. Also, the 'Map' menu function (or soft button) does not appear in the contacts app. So it's deleted from my treo.
    ^well. I've tried it more than once. My Parents' address does not show up (and several others). I checked the contacts app to make sure they have an address - doesn't show up in KwikMaps.

And as far as the 'Map' function, let me read the directions again...

Quoted from KwikMaps PDF:
    "KwikMaps offers two ways to get the map for a contact's address:
    1. Tap on Lookup map now to see the list of your contacts and their addresses(2). Select a contact and tap Map button. KwikMaps will open the browser and load the map for the selected address.
    2. If KwikMaps is installed into device memory (not on a card), it can also cooperate with Contacts application (formerly called Address Book), which is present on most Palm OS devices. In the contact details view, open Record menu, then tap Connect(3). You will see a list of available services for Quick Connect. Tap on the contact's address and KwikMaps will open the browser and load the map for the selected address."

So, my bad - in the alternative step, footnote 3 says that the 'Connect' feature does not appear in Treo smartphones.

I am still puzzled why all my recorded addresses do not show up in KwikMaps. I'm hoping DA can have better integration.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 12/04/2006 at 07:43 PM.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #25  
    ^well. I've tried it more than once. My Parents' address does not show up (and several others). I checked the contacts app to make sure they have an address - doesn't show up in KwikMaps.

And as far as the 'Map' function, let me read the directions again...

Quoted from KwikMaps PDF:
    "KwikMaps offers two ways to get the map for a contact's address:
    1. Tap on Lookup map now to see the list of your contacts and their addresses(2). Select a contact and tap Map button. KwikMaps will open the browser and load the map for the selected address.
    2. If KwikMaps is installed into device memory (not on a card), it can also cooperate with Contacts application (formerly called Address Book), which is present on most Palm OS devices. In the contact details view, open Record menu, then tap Connect(3). You will see a list of available services for Quick Connect. Tap on the contact's address and KwikMaps will open the browser and load the map for the selected address."

So, my bad - in the alternative step, footnote 3 says that the 'Connect' feature does not appear in Treo smartphones.

I am still puzzled why all my recorded addresses do not show up in KwikMaps. I'm hoping DA can have better integration.
    If some of your contacts work and others do not maybe some records in your database are corrupt.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)

I am still puzzled why all my recorded addresses do not show up in KwikMaps.

Footnote 2 says: "Unfortunately, if more than one address is present for a contact, only the first one will be shown in the list."

Seriously now, it is a current limitation in KwikMaps, due to the fact that the address list screen is provided by Palm OS, so I cannot change the way it works. That screen is currently limited to one item per contact. If you select the 'Phone Lookup' menu item in Memos or Tasks, you'll see the same problem (just one phone number per contact).

I am looking forward to create my own lookup screen, but it requires a lot of time, since I have to test carefully that user data are accessed safely and everything works fine on different Palm OS versions and devices. I have very little spare time, so I do not know when I will be able to accomplish all that.

Best wishes
    Floriano
    ^acknowledged. Thanks for the efforts. Good luck.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12