1.    #1  
    Good morning!

I'm looking for any good information that compares the reception of the 650 and 680. I have a 650 that I'm very happy with - fast, memory is not an issue, size isn't that big of a deal - but the reception is mediocre. I live in a semi-rural area and work in a big concrete & rebar building, so the two places I'm at the most are the two places I get the worst reception.

I'd switch to the 680 if there's a significant reception difference. Pretty much every review and report says it's better, but as this is the only factor that would cause me to upgrade, I'm trying to decide if it's worth it.

Has anyone out there measured the RSSI numbers from the 650 and the 680 from the same location at roughly the same time? I use both Signal Meter and Smaato Cost to measure the signal strength - both are free and work very well.

Any comparisons to the RAZR are welcome, too, as that's a phone I've used and had very solid recpeption with at both locations. No land line at home, so this is a big deal for me.

Thanks!

(incidentally, I'm using a Cingular GSM version of the 650. The 680 would be the Palm unlocked that I'd be buying)
    According to this article, the 680 should have better reception and voice quality.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061109/lath108.html?.v=52

~J.
    The 680 has much has better reception than my old 650 last year in the same location!
    They're just tech Toys Folks, There IS a higher power.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah - everything says it should be better - but is it so much better that it's worth the upgrade? I'm surprised nobody's done a side-by-side comparison of the two with some data to back it up.

I'll likely order one, and will surely post something. Of course, it sounds like it will take a week or two until it's actually delivered.