1.    #1  
    Which IM app is best for the 680. I hear verichat is no longer for sale which means no more updates.

Who is using other IM apps on their 680?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I am currently using Verichat on my 680 but I also tried out Toccer. but each is presenting me with a problem. Verichat logs me out each time my screen goes blank, where as Toccer stays logged in, but does not allow me to send IM's to a cell number (Verichat does)

so so far there's a bit of give and take. I can't decide which part I like better
  3.    #3  
    I think what is also very important to me is stability...verichat will now create a problem if they are no longer supporting it.
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I will ask again here. I'm thinking about getting IM+ to replace Verichat. The version I have does not stay logged in, and when it tries to re-login, it resets. Has anyone used IM+?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3 View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I will ask again here. I'm thinking about getting IM+ to replace Verichat. The version I have does not stay logged in, and when it tries to re-login, it resets. Has anyone used IM+?

I use IM+ on a 680. works well, so far.
    I sorta upset at Verichat for leaving us hanging. I was using it on a LD before recently switching to the 680.

Right now I'm using both Causerie and IM+ to evaluate them. Here's what I have after four days:
    1. Causerie is good only when you're active. For get getting any notification via SMS when ur phone is in sleep mode. You're not getting it. (yes, I've gone round and round with their tech support too. Fast response, but unfortunately not effective)

2. IM+ is fast, wakes up and tell me of incoming IM when the 680 is in sleep mode. All's well until after about 20 hours of use it just sorta died. No error no nothing, just can't login to the services. Emailed tech support, no response yet (granted it's been about an hour...)

I don't really care about the look and feel of the IM, I need to communicate. I also don't have a great need for quick messages. But I place stability and availabilty about 10 notches above quick messages.

I also use AIM/YAHOO/GTALK all at the same time, so on trick pony like Troccer ain't gonna work for me.

More to come as this develops....
    Got a msg back from IM+ saying they were having a problem on their end. Interesting, I thought IM+ didn't operate through a gateway like Causerie or VeriChat (am I stupid for thinking so?)

But it's working now, if it passes out again I'll let everyone know.

P.S. Casuerie STILL don't forward to SMS...tried it again yesterday. Oh well, at least they're consistent...
    TrafficGeek: Enabling SMS mode will forward all the IM's to your phone in "SMS" format when Causerie runs in the background mode.

Our development team is working updates and new version will be released soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra support View Post
    TrafficGeek: Enabling SMS mode will forward all the IM's to your phone in "SMS" format when Causerie runs in the background mode.

I'm afraid thats an old story friend.......been too long
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Nothing compares to Verichat.......even now, too bad really
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Nothing compares to Verichat.......even now, too bad really
    verichat caused too many resets for my liking. I'd rather use Causerie.
    I was going to buy Causerie. But, that stupid automated reply in every post on TC is leading me to believe someone just sits at a computer all day copying and pasting the same impersonal response........ So if I buy the software, i'll probaly get the same type of customer service. Hmmmmmm.... No thanks.
    smileyboy: You can download the trial version from www.mantragroup.com
    and try. As said earlier, our team is working on updates, bug fixes and new
    version. It took more time than we expected but you will see new version soon.
    Just an update for those interested in Causerie. Support is making noise in the MantraGroup forums about a new release coming in a week or two. They're usually not so specific about timeframe (notice the "soon" in the prior post in this thread), so it's starting to sound real. I just hope this a signal of a more active period of releases coming. But any update is a welcome one.
    I look forward to this upcoming version of causerie, I beta tested for mantragroup's causerie early on with my 700p, but it seems they weren't able to get anywhere on the tremendous lag issue. I'm hoping this giant pause in new builds of causerie means that the dev's digged a lot deeper into the program to fix whatever was making it run slow on the 700p. Anyhow, I'll be happy to test out the new program, but I will not pay for it until it works on par with Verichat (and I'm pretty sure most people feel that way).
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    I look forward to this upcoming version of causerie, I beta tested for mantragroup's causerie early on with my 700p, but it seems they weren't able to get anywhere on the tremendous lag issue. I'm hoping this giant pause in new builds of causerie means that the dev's digged a lot deeper into the program to fix whatever was making it run slow on the 700p.
    Lag on 700P may be able to be improved by application developers, but it's a systemic issue. Just look to Palm's response to the open letter to Ed for background on that. Several threads are churning with details on it. Since it's a h/w and OS matter, applications can only do so much to avoid it. Sooner or later on a 700, you're gonna get lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Anyhow, I'll be happy to test out the new program, but I will not pay for it until it works on par with Verichat (and I'm pretty sure most people feel that way).
    Well, I had serious stability issues with Verichat (yeah, the same ol' venerable 2.86b release they finished with) that caused me to move to Causerie. On the 680 Causerie stability is hugely improved -- when combined with my other background apps -- over my 650 experience. Maybe Verichat would be similarly benefitted, but now it's dead.

I guess the point here is a huge YMMV. There are features from Verichat that I think are really requirements for Causerie. Two biggies I remember were file transfers and the way it emails logs to you (I loved that and really hate the way Causerie handles them now). Both of them had UI annoyances, especially in knowing when (and which!) chat windows have unseen messages. Overall, I seem to remember Verichat's UI being nicer, but Causerie is better at allowing you manage buddies and (more importantly for me) creating or removing groups across IM providers.

So... I would love to see a blending of the best of each of the products... cause neither of them is anywhere near perfect on it's own.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra support View Post

Really? I heard this 6 months ago. I was foolish enough to buy your product when you folks had told me you would be working on 20+ second delays on exit and SMS. Sorry.
    You can download Causerie 3.2.5 version which handles SMS and Always On issues from the below link:

http://mantragroup.com/downloads/pro...erie-3.2.5.prc