1.    #1  
    Bought a new car last week (Lexus E350) and paired my Treo 650 with the cars bluetooth/nav system with no problem. Yesterday I received my new 680 and tried to pair it without success. The 680 says the pairing was successful, but the car system never recognized it. Is bluetooth in the 680 different than in the 650?
    I am having the same problem with the Prius.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    My Cutlas Suprem has bluetooth issues. But, it does has a sweet two tone!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    My Cutlas Suprem has bluetooth issues. But, it does has a sweet two tone!!
    ROFL!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Here's how I got pairing working in my Prius:

1. Deleting any previous, failed pairing attempt from both the car and the phone.
    2. Setting the phone discoverable (if it's not already)
    3. Adding a new phone connection from the car
    4. Entering the displayed passcode on the handset when displayed
    5. (critical step) Place a call immediately after the phone claims to be paired while the car is still waiting for a connection.

It's essentially the standard pairing process but with a call at the end to connect the phone to the car.

Good luck.
    Hey elitman,
    That did the trick!
    Thanks
  7.    #7  
    Thanks Eliteman. Your instructions worked perfectly. I now recall that I had the same problem in another car with the 650. Same answer. Thanks again.
    I have a Rosen 2000 Bluetooth car kit in my MB E350 that worked great with my 650. I was having problems pairing the 680 until I deleted the old 650 pairing. They both showed the same name when paired. Everything was fine, and I was able to call and talk on a long road trip, but then everything changed. My 680 now freezes every time I get in and start the car. This is very annoying because I don't know it's happening until I try to make a call. I'm also missing a lot of incoming calls. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, what did you do about it?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Thanks, Elitman, for your solution. I finally got my Treo 680 to sync up with a 2007 Prius.
  10. jsb
    Quote Originally Posted by jetprop View Post
    Bought a new car last week (Lexus E350) and paired my Treo 650 with the cars bluetooth/nav system with no problem. Yesterday I received my new 680 and tried to pair it without success. The 680 says the pairing was successful, but the car system never recognized it. Is bluetooth in the 680 different than in the 650?
    I have lexus 430 - made bluetooth connection but couldnt transfer data - Now the bluetooth will not connect at all
  11. jsb
    mine was successful as far as connectivity but could not transfer data - now it no longer connects at all. Went to Lexus and theysaid palm is not compatible
    Lexus service people just don't know. It's a Palm problem. the problem that you all are having with Lexus/Toyota compatability are all the same ones I had with my Treo 650 too. That issue was fixed with a firmware update of the Treo 650. I suspect a firmware fix is needed for the Treo 680 as well as I now have that phone and am having the same problems I had with my Treo 650 originally.
    I've found that generally, with all these bluetooth kits for cars whether it's after market installation or factory, regardless of brand of car (mercedes, lexus, bmw, ford etc...), they usually work better if the bluetooth phone is a simple mobile phone, not a pda phone.

Rule of thumb is the simpler the mobile phone, the better. I guess the pda phones throw out so much information, the car kits get it all mixed up. I've yet to find a car unit or after market unit that works flawlessly with pda phones, be it WM based or Palm OS.
    Foreman,

I hear that the vinyl landau roof can cause BT interference. You may want to contact Olds about that.
    Patrick Horne