1.    #1  
    I thought this deserved its own thread.

I've only had my 680 for three days, but I have had this problem several times now. I usually use a bluetooth headset with my phone, but in a noisy restaurant, I will just talk on the handset to cut out some of the ambient noise so the person on the other end of the line can hear me. With my old 650, I pressed the disconnect from bluetooth headset button and never had a problem. With the 680, I have pressed the button, started talking on the headset, and have lost all sound in from the speaker seconds later. When I look at the screen, I see that bluetooth has reconnected by itself! This is a major drag. It has happened several times, but it does not happen every time.

Has this happened to anyone else? I know it's the first few days of the 680, but I haven't heard of anyone having this problem yet.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj View Post
    I thought this deserved its own thread.

I've only had my 680 for three days, but I have had this problem several times now. I usually use a bluetooth headset with my phone, but in a noisy restaurant, I will just talk on the handset to cut out some of the ambient noise so the person on the other end of the line can hear me. With my old 650, I pressed the disconnect from bluetooth headset button and never had a problem. With the 680, I have pressed the button, started talking on the headset, and have lost all sound in from the speaker seconds later. When I look at the screen, I see that bluetooth has reconnected by itself! This is a major drag. It has happened several times, but it does not happen every time.

Has this happened to anyone else? I know it's the first few days of the 680, but I haven't heard of anyone having this problem yet.
    Bump.

OK, so I returned my first 680 and got another one. I can't believe it. The same thing is happening again. I'll make a call, disable the bluetooth headset, and then it will reconnect to bluetooth. What do I have to do here to get a working Treo?

Is it really possible that I am the only person who has this problem? I don't think there's anything unique about my Plantronics bluetooth headset.
    Well I will keep a look out for the same problems with our customers @ SFO. I've always recommended plantronics as an ideal bluetooth. Which one are you using
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Treo View Post
    Well I will keep a look out for the same problems with our customers @ SFO. I've always recommended plantronics as an ideal bluetooth. Which one are you using
    Plantronics Discovery 640.
    I have been testing this for 4 days with Plantronics 510 headset. Does not have this issue. With my wifes Nokia once you stop it won't reconnect until next call (Didn't with 650 either).
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS