Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today I took my phone off the charger at 7:20am with 100% battery and by 11:30am I had 50% left???

I am running Chatter and had bluetooth on as well.

Thoughts????
    Did you run these with a 650? If so, was your battery at about 75% at lunch?

1. Chatter:
    - using beta? are all your performance prefs set to '*' lower power consumption?
    - if syncing offline mailboxes, use fewer mailboxes less often
    2. Bluetooth
    - alway ate battery when I had it on. If you aren't using it, turn it off.
    My 680 showed 100% when plugged in and dropped to 92% the second I unplugged it. Looks like a quality control issue with some of the batteries.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Are you using IMAP IDLE? How much mail do you get every day? I have to tell you that even with my 650 I can barely make it through the day when I'm pushing mail to my Treo but I get about 500 messages a day - there have been days when I'm in the "red" by noon. How long does your battery usually last in the same circumstances on your T650?

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post
    Today I took my phone off the charger at 7:20am with 100% battery and by 11:30am I had 50% left???

Thoughts????
    How much talking did you do? As it only gives 4 hrs talk time under perfect conditions that may not be unexpected....
    Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz View Post
    Are you using IMAP IDLE? How much mail do you get every day? I have to tell you that even with my 650 I can barely make it through the day when I'm pushing mail to my Treo but I get about 500 messages a day - there have been days when I'm in the "red" by noon. How long does your battery usually last in the same circumstances on your T650?

Danita
    I use IMAP Idle in Chatter and my battery life has never been super, but with the extended battery and Chatter's new performance features, I get 15-16 hours. That's with 100 emails or more a day, moderate phone usage (total of an hour???) I used to get barely 12 hours until I got the extended battery, and then the new performance features boosted it even further.

But I use it heavily in other respects. I have tons of apps, use foreign dicctionaries, docs to go, pictures, City directories, every day.
  7.    #7  
    I receive around 50 emails and talk time is avg but that really is Irrelevant considering same apps and better battery on the 650???

I did just go in and change the only power setting on Chatter that wasn't on lower consumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I use IMAP Idle in Chatter and my battery life has never been super, but with the extended battery and Chatter's new performance features, I get 15-16 hours. That's with 100 emails or more a day, moderate phone usage (total of an hour???) I used to get barely 12 hours until I got the extended battery, and then the new performance features boosted it even further.

But I use it heavily in other respects. I have tons of apps, use foreign dicctionaries, docs to go, pictures, City directories, every day.
    1200 mAh = 680 battery
    1800 mAh = 650 battery
    2400 mAh = extended 650 battery

makes sense.
    650 extended vs. 650 standard
    18/24 * 16 = 12 hours (what you got with the standard 650 battery)
    12/24 * 16 = 8 hours (what you can expect with the stock 680 battery)
  9.    #9  
    When will the 680 extended battery be for sale?
    I think pretty soon. There will be two models: an extended that fits in the case (I imagine, without any basis for thinking so, about 1800 ma), and one that Seidio furnishes with a new extended back, kind of ruining the 680--but it was sort of ruined already with a form that doesn't allow for real functionality--maybe 2400??? Who knows. But that one is going to bulge.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I think pretty soon. There will be two models: an extended that fits in the case (I imagine, without any basis for thinking so, about 1800 ma), and one that Seidio furnishes with a new extended back, kind of ruining the 680--but it was sort of ruined already with a form that doesn't allow for real functionality--maybe 2400??? Who knows. But that one is going to bulge.

You have stated this "pretty soon" now in a couple of threads. I know how we LOVE to speculate here, but do you have information on an imminent release of these batteries? I have emailed Seidio twice in the last week, as well as PM'ed the contact from Seidio here, and am not getting a response. I would rather not spend the money with Palm, if something from Seidio is coming in days or even in the next week or 2, I think I can live with the nightly (and sometimes mid-day in the car) charging. Do Tell?
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    You have stated this "pretty soon" now in a couple of threads. I know how we LOVE to speculate here, but do you have information on an imminent release of these batteries? I have emailed Seidio twice in the last week, as well as PM'ed the contact from Seidio here, and am not getting a response. I would rather not spend the money with Palm, if something from Seidio is coming in days or even in the next week or 2, I think I can live with the nightly (and sometimes mid-day in the car) charging. Do Tell?
    I was just pretty much paraphrasing David from Siedio's response to me more than a week back. He said pretty soon, so I expect it will be pretty soon.
    how can siedio fit 1800 into the stock size 680 battery? Will they be able to increase the capacity while keeping the same size? I would hate to increase the size of the 680 form factor, thats part of the reason I bought one
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Seido said they'd match the improvement percentage of the older model, which was 30%. So with the default being 1200mah, I'm guessing the extended, non-protruding model to be around 1500-1600mah.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Seido said they'd match the improvement percentage of the older model, which was 30%. So with the default being 1200mah, I'm guessing the extended, non-protruding model to be around 1500-1600mah.
    thanks, by the way, do your Hourly 4cast and TV 2nite work ok on 680?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    thanks, by the way, do your Hourly 4cast and TV 2nite work ok on 680?
    I'm not sure if anyone here (from search results) has confirmed that java works yet, but since it works on almost all palm devices, I think they'll probably run fine.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    how can siedio fit 1800 into the stock size 680 battery? Will they be able to increase the capacity while keeping the same size? I would hate to increase the size of the 680 form factor, thats part of the reason I bought one
    Judging from experience, SEIDIO added 600mAh without having to bump out the back of the 650, so they should be able to get at least 1,500mAh out of this one. Mugen Power makes a 1,500mAh battery for the iPAQ hw6945 and it's exactly the same size as HP's 1,200mAh battery.

Hope springs eternal....
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Yep.. I'm calculating 1.3*1200 = 1560 mAh
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post

Thoughts????
    Turn off the bluetooth. It's a power hog and unless you're actively using it, you're losing battery life needlessly.
    Today has been a bad day for my 680 too, battery wise. Was fully charged by the time I left this morning (10AM, yes, late start today). Made four short calls, sent about 5 messages, input about 5-10 things into the Calendar. So very light day usage wise, and by 4PM, the battery had died down to just over 30%. Weak.

Admittedly though, I did forget to turn on Keyguard when I was walking to university, and my uhh, leg, entered a whole lot of "appointments" into the calendar, which I deleted. Don't know how much this affected battery life by, but I can't possibly imagine by a HUGE amount.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast