Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by branng View Post
    Today has been a bad day for my 680 too, battery wise. Was fully charged by the time I left this morning (10AM, yes, late start today). Made four short calls, sent about 5 messages, input about 5-10 things into the Calendar. So very light day usage wise, and by 4PM, the battery had died down to just over 30%. Weak.

Admittedly though, I did forget to turn on Keyguard when I was walking to university, and my uhh, leg, entered a whole lot of "appointments" into the calendar, which I deleted. Don't know how much this affected battery life by, but I can't possibly imagine by a HUGE amount.
    How long was your walk and what is your auto-shutoff time? The appointments aren't a big deal, but the backlight staying on all that time could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by dessa View Post
    How long was your walk and what is your auto-shutoff time? The appointments aren't a big deal, but the backlight staying on all that time could be.
    Walk was only about 5 minutes. Auto-shutoff time is set to 30 seconds.

Honestly though, biggest disappointment so far is battery life. I really do need an extended battery! BADLY! PLEASE!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Folks,
    Even with Bluetooth off - I took my 680 out of the charger, did three phone calls to LAX (total 30 minutes), did about 8-10 POP3 email sessions, turned the phone off and when I turned it back on in Denver it was down to 24%.

Seriously thinking about going back to the 650. In the past, I could do the LAX-SFO-TOKYO run with one charge, calling, texting, catching a few tunes and emailing all the way.

So, count me in as another person interested in an extended battery (definitely getting a spare).
    Oh no ... batt life seems to be really weak. I hope this will change with upcoming generation.
    really too bad. for a device not to meet expectations because of poor battery life is another reason why Palm continues to suffer.

this is where they're saving their weight. throw in an extended battery and we're just about back to where we started.

ugh. palm, you're dumb.
    Is this the batt you guys are talking about?

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=260
    have you all actually let your battery die completely? I thought i was getting horrible battery life too, because i was looking at the gauge and only the gauge, then recharging it. Yesterday i let the battery die completely and i was surprised to see that the treo stayed on for a long time even after receiving multiple messages stating that the battery was dangerously/extremely low and that i need to charge. It eventually shut off and i charged it completely. It has been on all day, with pop3 syncing on auto and i still have over 3/4 battery. This leads me to believe that the battery needed to be calibrated.
    my treo 680 had very poor battery life also, i would have to charge it every day so i wondered if it was a battery problem or a treo 680 problem sooooo i switched my treo 750 battery with my 680 battery and i get way longer battery life on my 680 now
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    Is this the batt you guys are talking about?

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=260
    I don't think that battery was intended for the 680. Firstly, it looks WAY too thick, and secondly, 1200mAh --> 2400mAh = 33% increase? Which weird formula did they use?

EDIT: Oh right, they meant the 1800mAh --> 2400mAh increase for the Treo 650. Wops, n00b error. Didn't know the capacity of the 650 battery was 1800mAh. But still, shows you it was a "copy and paste" thing from the 650 webpage.
    Last edited by branng; 12/01/2006 at 05:37 AM.
    I'll show my Treo ignorance here... what is "Chatter" and why would I need it? TIA.
    Many people think that ChatterEmail is the 'killer" app of the Palm smartphones. It is the only app that does true push email directly from your Treo without any other third-party server, monthly fees, or whatever. It has unparalleled customer service, and the performance is as good as you get at your desktop--that is, when mail shows up on your desktop, it shows up on your Treo. It probably uses more battery power, however, than other mail apps (though I'm not sure of that), though the difference has been minimized by clever software measures. Many people, in fact, say that the only reason they have a Treo is Chatter, and that they use Chatter to the virtual exclusion of other Treo apps. Buit then again, there are those who use the Treo only for its superb phone quality and others solely for its rock-solid stability and complete absence of resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by branng View Post
    I don't think that battery was intended for the 680. Firstly, it looks WAY too thick, and secondly, 1200mAh --> 2400mAh = 33% increase? Which weird formula did they use?

EDIT: Oh right, they meant the 1800mAh --> 2400mAh increase for the Treo 650. Wops, n00b error. Didn't know the capacity of the 650 battery was 1800mAh. But still, shows you it was a "copy and paste" thing from the 650 webpage.
    I just emailed seidio to ask them to correct the error. I doubt this battery will fit the 680, even with a custom humpback back cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    But then again, there are those who use the Treo only for its superb phone quality and others solely for its rock-solid stability and complete absence of resets.
    Good one, good one. Oh, I so wish it were true...
    Just an update. I decided to turn down the brightness on the backlight today, and that seemed to have helped significantly. I've gone from about halfway through the slider to about 1/3. It could also perhaps be the battery breaking in, though I'd think the brightness would have more to do with it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12