Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hey,

    so according to the press release the unbrabded phones should be in palm stores on friday.

    if you havent received your phone (or shipment notice) by friday, would you go to the store and buy it there and then cancel?

    I'm thinking about it, even though it would cost me $100 to do so. And knowing me, if I cant cancel the first phone I probably keep both. I do have 2 650, because I couldnt wait for the road show one.

    then we might have the issue with color. would i pick up a red or arctic if I saw one in person.

    luckily I dont know where the nearest palm store is so i wont be tempted to call in late on friday.

    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  2. #2  
    Na I think you should hold on . Unless moneys free then go for it . But sooner ......or later (!) There's going to be a NEW treo / or apple and you know we'll be getin that one
  3. #3  
    I have a Palm Store near me and they have said explicitly that they don't expect any to arrive for a long time. But they may (probably) know nothing. If they knew something, though, you'd think they'd want to encourage me to come back for a sale.
  4. #4  
    whats the difference between an unbranded and an unlocked phone?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PseriesFan View Post
    whats the difference between an unbranded and an unlocked phone?
    when you buy a phone from a gsm phone from a carrier (T-mo, Cingular), they usually lock it to their sevice. meaning, you cant use it on another carriers network. if you want to use the phone on another carrier, you need to call your carrier to get in un-locked.

    unbranded means, that it doesn't come with any carrier logos or software.

    In my case, I'm buying a 680 (unbranded and unlocked) to use on t-mobile. I'm getting this phone directly from palm and the only logo it will have on it are Palms. And if I wanted to I can use it on any gsm carriers network in the world, with out having to call t-mo to unlock it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I have a Palm Store near me and they have said explicitly that they don't expect any to arrive for a long time. But they may (probably) know nothing. If they knew something, though, you'd think they'd want to encourage me to come back for a sale.
    Well I've got to correct myself. After asking them every day whether the 680 was coming and them answering absolutely not, tonight I walked by and asked jokingly if it were coming and they said, "tomorrow!" So...who knows.
  7. daytontp's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #7  
    I have called Palm 2 times in the past week and they will no tlet me cancel my Treo 680 Order. Since they already have the 680's in stock and all the orders are processed for shipment, you can not cancel the order. At least this is what i have ben told.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by daytontp View Post
    I have called Palm 2 times in the past week and they will no tlet me cancel my Treo 680 Order. Since they already have the 680's in stock and all the orders are processed for shipment, you can not cancel the order. At least this is what i have ben told.
    Is this for Cingular, or one of the unlocked?
  9. #9  
    I was able to cancel an unlocked order on the 27th.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  10. #10  
    @Felipe: thanks for the help so now i know that i should tell my aunt to buy me an unlocked and unbranded 680 in the US
  11. #11  
    If I were going to take that route, I'd have the store hold one, THEN cancel my order, and THEN go visit the store. Why buy one and then learn your online order shipped or can't be cancelled?

Posting Permissions