Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with PdaNet 4.02 for the Treo 700p? I have a 700p waiting to be activated, but it is somewhat critial for me to be able to connect it to my laptop and access the internet. I'm satisfied with the performance of PdaNet 3.2 on my T650, so that should set the expectation for you...
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    ^no problem whatsoever on my 700P (Sprint). Enjoy!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    No problem here either. Definitely one of my most used apps.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Agreed. Fantastic app, no problems!
    I cannot connect with bluetooth at all!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I use it for tethering my laptop with 700p (Verizon) over USB and it works fine. Sometimes I have to close down some apps in my laptop in order to avoid some funky error codes, however. I am not sure if it's Windows or PDANet.

Never tried bluetooth connection.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I shall recant. No problem with PDAnet over USB. Never tried BT connection - no built in BT on laptop.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    just got it a month ago and have used it 4 times FLAWLESSLY

I have NOT tried Bluetooth connection.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I use it several times a month and it works fine, either USB or BT....
    I use it over USB, also. Perfect for when traveling, and I don't want to pony up the ridiculous fees required at Hotels. In my experience, the speeds are much faster than the tether hack, too. I use Sprint, by the way.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Yep getting 600kbps down and 175 kbps according to

http://myspeed.visualware.com/
    It's working fine for me on my 700p (Sprint).

I only had one issue. When I was trying this out at work, PdaNet kept successfully connecting, and then dropping the connection exactly 10 seconds later. After some troubleshooting I found out that I needed to either unplug my LAN network cable, or disable it in the Network settings.

To put it another way, while I was on my work's network it would not stay connected. But if I unplugged, then PdaNet would work fine.
    I have been using Pda Net with sprint and have had no problems when using it with the usb cable.

Now bluetooth is a different story. Im not sure if the problem is my Kensington adater or pda net itself. I can get a conection but it only seems to hold it for 30 minutes or so. I have really not had time to investigate the problem. Like I said there are isssues with the kensington adapters and knowing that makes me give PDA net the bennifit of the doubt. It is really not a big issue. I would just suggest getting a different bluetooth adapter than the kensington one. When ever mine goes out I just plug in the usb cable or reboot the machine and connect all over again.
    Bluetooth sucks on the 700P anyway. Not just for headsets. Bluetooth is slower than USB as well. Since it works so well with the cable, it is worth to carry the cable with you and know that you will have no problems, as opposed to possibly not being able to connect at all with BT.
    Anybody else having trouble with Proxy mode with the new Internet Explorer 7?
    I keep getting a 775 connection error. I do run Chatter Mail on this device. I have tried putting Chatter into offline mode but it doesn't help. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    Bluetooth sucks on the 700P anyway. Not just for headsets. Bluetooth is slower than USB as well. Since it works so well with the cable, it is worth to carry the cable with you and know that you will have no problems, as opposed to possibly not being able to connect at all with BT.
    I agree with you 100% thats why I keep a cablein my car and one in my computer bag. That way I will always have one with me
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    700p and PDANet 4.02 = love!

No problems at all so far using PDANet. I have a 700p from Verizon. I avoid BT for linking the phone since it's so darn slow... I keep my trusty Seidio retractable USB cable with me at all times and it has saved me from boredom in an airport once or twice already
    can anyone help me with this - I just downloaded pdanet for my treo 700p (sprint). I first installed on my desktop (xp) and have no problems getting it to work.

However, I then downloaded pdanet to my laptop (ibm, xp pro) (after installing hotsync) and I keep getting 733 error message. Did reboot of ibm and soft reset of treo and still no luck.

I then tried to install pdanet to my fujitsu laptop (xp) but I keep getting a modem error message that the modem will not install.

I’m at a loss!

Any ideas as to how I can get this to work on both laptops?? or can you direct me to any website regarding the pdanet??

thanks
    Last edited by eddieras; 01/20/2007 at 10:21 AM.
    Works perfectly on Sprint with usb.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast