Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    It seems that quite frequently, I get an email that just won't download in the 700p's (Sprint) email app. During the "Getting Messages" dialog, an error will pop up: System Error. Out of Memory! OK. I click on OK, and email download resumes as if nothing happened.

    The annoying part is that this error will keep coming up as long as the message is still on my POP3 server. This is 100% reproducible, and it seems to happen most often on email from work.

    Has anyone seen anything like that?
  2. #2  
    Issues to look at - how much main free memory do you have on the device? If it is too low, then you might get this message. Also if the db cache is too low, this message may be presented.

    Ben
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Issues to look at - how much main free memory do you have on the device? If it is too low, then you might get this message. Also if the db cache is too low, this message may be presented.

    Ben
    Device has plenty of free space. 40.4M. Not sure how much db cache, but I do know that resetting the device doesn't fix the problem. How would I know if low db cache space is even an issue?

    I think there's something about the message headers that Versamail just can't handle.
  4. #4  
    I had this issue for a while. I think what I did was use filez to delete the file "MultiMail Attach" (don't worry, it will recreate itself). I think this file caches all mail attachments and can become quite bloated.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  5. #5  
    FileZ (Freeware File Viewer and Manager)

    www.nosleep.net
    click on download
    select FileZ

    Be careful with it -- do not move or delete that which you are not sure about.
  6. #6  
    I've had this problem since I got my 700p --

    -- and I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with memory. I think there's something about the format of certain html emails that causes the problem.

    So it's just a bug in Versamail.

    I've found that autosyncs ignore the email (after the original error) but if you manually get the mail, the error will be re-triggered.

Posting Permissions