Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Just wondering what the dirt factor was??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Let me guess. You're a Mac user? :P
    That was one of my fears with Arctic
    Last edited by mceb; 11/29/2006 at 08:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    No not at all.. A white Ipod user though..

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I thought about the Arctic, but after putting it in a black case will the color really matter.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I am a "pocket" guy, not a case guy. I may lose either way, but I think that the Artic color ROCKS!! AND, I put my money were my mouth is. If it gets stained, a little rubbing alchol never hurt anything?? JK

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Does anyone even have one yet? At least the one from Palm that were Pre-Orders?
    I got an Artic, I think it looks great. (Yes, I use a Mac)

Can't wait to get an Artic so I can take a picture of my White Treo, White Wii, White MacBook, and White iPod.

For real, the reason I got the white is because on my 650, where it is scratched, the plastic under the paint is white. I bet the Artic will not show as much ware after time.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I know everyone seems to fear the dirt factor, but I can't see how the Arctic is going to get any dirtier than any of my other devices. I put my 650 in my pocket every day, naked, and it's never gotten dirt on it. The paint wears down over time, of course, like any other well-used device. But dirt? What do you guys keep in your pockets?

Maybe finger oils and such could be an issue, but that would show up just as easily on the silver of my 650, I would think. And it never has.

None of my white iPods have ever gotten dirty, either, so I'm not worried at all.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  10. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Anyone actually have an arctic in their hands??? or even a non-graphite/non-cingular unlocked?
    Not yet. But I ordered one and am waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom View Post

Can't wait to get an Artic so I can take a picture of my White Treo, White Wii, White MacBook, and White iPod.

For real, the reason I got the white is because on my 650, where it is scratched, the plastic under the paint is white. I bet the Artic will not show as much ware after time.
    I can't wait to do the same. How you liking you Wii. I picked one up to,
    The Wii is GREAT! Highly recommended.
    I know I am loving mine too. I just need to find a few more of the Remotes. My wife is totally addicted (hence the need for remotes), this is great cuz now I can play as much as I want.
    I know I am loving mine too. I just need to find a few more of the Remotes
    shouldn't that red wiimote?

i shied away from artic (or any of the other colors) because i'm afraid of peeling paint.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Nice, i'm still looking for a Wii myself... damn ebay sellers, willing to wait in line to sell it for a $50-100 profit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom View Post

Isn't it a fashion faux pas to wear that much white after the Fall?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    I know everyone seems to fear the dirt factor, but I can't see how the Arctic is going to get any dirtier than any of my other devices. I put my 650 in my pocket every day, naked, and it's never gotten dirt on it. The paint wears down over time, of course, like any other well-used device. But dirt? What do you guys keep in your pockets?

Maybe finger oils and such could be an issue, but that would show up just as easily on the silver of my 650, I would think. And it never has.

None of my white iPods have ever gotten dirty, either, so I'm not worried at all.
    Just call me pigpen!!

Can someone please post some pics of the white one? Mine is on order and should match my macbook well.