Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    I'm in
    Palm used to be much more customer focused. I can even remember advance swap replacements at no cost when I crushed the screen in my pilot. They understood that my palm was important to me and my business. Now we're just a number - Sprint or Verizon!
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Add my vote to the list.

I just found this thread today, after searching around to see if there was some fix for the lag I'm seeing on my new Treo 700p. I upgraded from a 600 I had used for three years, and I am very disappointed that important parts of the user interface are significantly less responsive. I was hoping to find a solution, and instead I've found a petition.

On my 700p, it takes two full seconds from when I press the Phone button until the phone application is responsive to user input. Then, after pressing down arrow to show the Favorites menu, it takes another one or two seconds until that interface appears and is responsive. Even worse, some of my keypresses are randomly lost. So if I try to use my "muscle memory" to get to a commonly used favorite (phone, down, down, down) sometimes it lands on, sometimes above, where I was trying to go. Sigh.

Switching to the SnapperMail application is fast, except that the first email I display after switching back can take up to FIVE seconds to appear. Again, this was nearly instantaneous on my Treo 600.

I can't believe that Palm hasn't yet admitted that there's even a problem here.
    thats great...yea wall st journal and palm...did it get sent?
    Reading the front page of TC and Dieters comments led me to thinking that the example of Microsoft is just that an example. There are countless companies that provide incredible feedback to their customers. I think that Bob-C was just using MS as an EXAMPLE to follow.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Full support here.

In the Cingular store the other day to check out the Treo 680, the sales person said told me that regarding smartphones, Treos do not sell that well since most people don't want to deal with all of the known problems and don't want to do any software updates period. That's the public voting with their wallets.
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    Palm used to be much more customer focused. I can even remember advance swap replacements at no cost when I crushed the screen in my pilot. They understood that my palm was important to me and my business. Now we're just a number - Sprint or Verizon!
    Ain't that the truth - I think Palm went to charging $125 for "advance replacements" about the time SONY came along and started doing the same.

It was probably the beginning of the end of Palm's reputation as an innovator and customer-focused. With that single move they were telling the customer that the PalmPilot was of so little importance to their lives that they should be expected to go without it for a week or so at a moment's notice, otherwise pay Palm a ransom of $125.00 (maybe it originally was $75.00) to advance exchange every device - even the manufacturer defects (yes - there have "occasionally" been those).

A friend of mine had 3 (three!!!) screws fall out of his brand new Tungsten 3 within a month of purchase - called Palm and they insisted on him paying $125.00 just to send him the screws for self-replacement - they somehow classified this well-documented defect as user-created.

The fact that in a few short years Palm went from a company that happily sent out advance replacements without a fee to a company that would dare charge a purchaser of a $400 device $125.00 for 2cents worth of screws for their own manufacturing defect (heard of Loctite, Palm?) forshadows the present reputation of the company. I've solidly recommended the devices to many people over the past 10 years, but sometimes Palm's actions are so reprehensible I wish there were a better alternative...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo-riffic View Post
    Add my vote to the list.

I just found this thread today, after searching around to see if there was some fix for the lag I'm seeing on my new Treo 700p. ...

I can't believe that Palm hasn't yet admitted that there's even a problem here.
    My favorite lag is the one experienced while opening Blazer. I guess the positive side of it is that I have time to eat lunch uninterrupted as it llllloooaaaaddddssssss......
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Im in!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm all in
    Count me in on this one!
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Count me in!

Please mention in your letter the lack of WiFi support despite the large customer demand.

Also, please mention (regarding the WiFi support) how they brushed off the people at Eye-Fi (see below).

This is an email Eye-Fi sent me after I inquired further about their notice that they sent out earlier (with almost identical text).

Quote Originally Posted by Eye-Fi
    Donald,
    Thank you for your interest in Eye-Fi and we apologize for our very delayed response to your email. We have heard from Palm that the Treo variant of PalmOS has basic issues supporting network peripherals. This explains in large part the lack of compelling Wi-Fi solutions for this platform, despite tremendous interest from the user community. Unfortunately this means that we too will be unable to support PalmOS based Treos. While we continue to investigate Windows Mobile solutions, there will be no smartphone support during our current beta trial.
    For future news on Eye-Fi and release dates, please keep checking our website. Also, please be sure to join our mailing list for the most up to date Eye-Fi news!

www.eye.fi
    I have to say that you're being a bit too courteous and diplomatic in the tone of your letter.

That's all i have to say.

I'm in too.
    Count me in
    I'm in.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    I could not agree more. There are unacceptable issues - especially for an upgraded (vs. initially new) product.

The lack of communication is worse - and it's deafening.

Add my name to the list.

Murph71
    Despite the protestations of others, I applaud you on the courteous tone of your letter. I think any other opening is not likely to yield results. Certainly one which suggests litigation is likely to be forewarded to another department or trashed altogether as opposed to one from a loyal customer base that seeks to remain loyal. As a business owner, I am much more likely to respond to someone with a serious gripe who wants satisfaction. Those who demand retribution will only be satisfied with disproportionate financial "compensation" and an a timely response is not likely to be forthcoming. Now, lets just hope they think like I do.
    Very well said, count me in
    Add Me Please
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast