Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I am on board as well...
    Colligan ..... fix the CJKOS/Blazer issue.... *******!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Colligan ..... fix the CJKOS/Blazer issue.... *******!
    Whatever7: I may be the only one besides you in TC who is also sufferring from the same problem. Palm has been relying on CJKOS to deliver Chinese+Japanese+Korean support. But the developer (dyts.com) hasn't updated the software for well over a year. This may be the deal breaker for me to move on to WM-based devices given the silence from both Palm and CJKOS. (I'm wondering if 680 suffers from the same problem.. but it warrants another thread in the 680 forum).
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Great letter; count me in.

I run a software company, and would be horrified to receive such a letter. I would consider addressing concerns of my power users to be my single highest priority. Hopefully Ed runs his business the same way.
    Count me in. I don't post very often but I read these forums daily and I've owned palm products since the beginning to include the 650 and the 700p. I find the lag unacceptable. So far there has been no recognition of this problem. I am left to assume from their silence that they are saying the 700p works fine out of the box and any problems are not on their end. The device may not lag when its totally clean but it definitely lags with 3rd party apps installed. These same apps seem to work properly on previous treos and other palm products. what good is all the extra memory if you can't use it without causing lags or spontaneous resets? If this letter doesn't get any results I'm moving on.
    When you refer to the lag issue, is it the same lag problem I'm experiencing? I could be in a middle of a program (Blazer, Toccer, Todo List, Calendar, etc...) and suddeningly the cursor stops blinking and everything freezes for ~10 seconds and it comes back to normal and occasionally coughs back up the stuff you were typing?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    When you refer to the lag issue, is it the same lag problem I'm experiencing? I could be in a middle of a program (Blazer, Toccer, Todo List, Calendar, etc...) and suddeningly the cursor stops blinking and everything freezes for ~10 seconds and it comes back to normal and occasionally coughs back up the stuff you were typing?
    Yep, that's definitely apart of the "lag issue" everyone's experiencing!
    count me in as well
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
    Honestly, I get lags across the board. I get lags trying to turn the device on and off, I get a 2 second lag going into or out of Takephone, I get a six second lag exiting a simple game like acid solitaire and those programs are in ram not on the card. These are just examples, there are many more. I also get the problem you're experiencing. I've spent alot of money on software that I don't even have installed anymore in an attempt to speed things up and stabilize the device. I have Butler but the only feature I have enabled anymore is the volume button scroll. I removed agendus pro (which wasn't a bad thing in the long run cause now i have Datebk6 and I love it!) The bottom line is I don't have a phD in Palm OS and none of us have the exact same 3rd party apps installed to really figure out what conflicts with what. Thats all Ok. You figure it out through trial and error if necessary. I got resets on my 650 due to software conflicts too but I didn't get these LAGS. These are just my experiences. Maybe I'm too stupid to own this phone but it seems like you ought to be able to use it without delays or freezes. Anyway, I don't want to deviate from the intent and purpose of this thread. I commend those who are responsible for this letter.
    Okay people, I have a new more direct number to put you through to Palm's CORPORATE consumer relations department (these guys are as close as you can get on the phone). You have to call (407) 531-4496 and hit option 2.

Tell them of all your problems, be calm and cool about it and most of all polite. The more people who call, the more pressure they get to be more communicative. I myself expressed my dissatisfaction at palm's lack of communication. After a couple hours of research, though, the rep told me that it turns out they are aware of the issue. I asked her to please file a complaint with regards to the complete lack of proper communication between palm and its consumers. I would highly encourage you all to, in addition to this letter, pick up the phone and give them a call.
    Sign me on, too.

O'Tree
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'm in and will do what I can to help. I will also try and give them a call.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Bob - Thanks for all your effort! The letter looks great! I'm in! Palm has to be aware of the issues, even their forums are flooded with the 700 issues.
    I wish the letter mentioned the reset required to get sound to go through a "successfully paired" Bluetooth headset, nor the random soft resets. It is a good letter, though.

Sadly, Palm may not even have any intention of addressing this issue, communication or none. I am trying to remain optimistic, however.
    Count me in.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Okay people, I have a new more direct number to put you through to Palm's CORPORATE consumer relations department (these guys are as close as you can get on the phone). You have to call (407) 531-4496 and hit option 2.

Tell them of all your problems, be calm and cool about it and most of all polite. The more people who call, the more pressure they get to be more communicative. I myself expressed my dissatisfaction at palm's lack of communication. After a couple hours of research, though, the rep told me that it turns out they are aware of the issue. I asked her to please file a complaint with regards to the complete lack of proper communication between palm and its consumers. I would highly encourage you all to, in addition to this letter, pick up the phone and give them a call.
    Good advice. I'm calling tomorrow.
  19. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i am in the list of supporters, but I'm co-signing this thread again to support...
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
    i am in....again.

the part about us being consultants is very true. This week alone i have advised at least 4 people to not get this device or at least wait for the major issues to be fixed. when people ask what issues, i show them a white screen for 5-10 seconds....
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast