Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    I'm one who's been living loyal with BT issues, delays, lack of data connecting and the occasional (once or twice a week) freezes and resets. And this was after the MR. Well now my never been dropped, dry as a bone, always in a case replacement that is a couple months old is now dead as a doornail. I mean no power, no glowing light, zilch. Two batteries and three chargers help confirm that. All after it asking me if I wanted to update my rom out of nowhere. I'm done. I'd be happy to have someone point out Colligan or Sinclair's office. Won't use my car, but I'd be happy to put my 700p in a slingshot and put it through his office window. Heck, it's the only thing it's good phone. I'm back to my i500 till I get a BB. If they won't exchange it for me, it's just one more reason to leave Sprint. I'm already shopping Verizon with our $12k/yr account, and they were a good hundred or so cheaper than Sprint per month with unlimited data. They just started doing these bundling packages and massive pooling of minutes. Was surprised when I got their quote.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I'm in!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Dear Mister Colligan! Issue A Recall! Your Company Is Made Of Meatballs! Peace Out 1
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Dear Mister Colligan! Issue A Recall! Your Company Is Made Of Meatballs! Peace Out 1
    Don't worry, Noodle. A company made out of meatballs cannot be long for this world. It came, it changed my life, and now it is drying up and blowing away. God, what a waste. Maybe Apple or Research in Motion will buy them while there is something left to acquire.

Perry, where are you now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    Before jumping ship for the iPhone. Try running without any of your third party apps.
    If I can't run third-party apps on a Treo, I might as well own an iPhone, or any other smartphone that is far less flexible. Not being able to run third-party apps is the reason I'd reject many other "smart" phones on the market.

I don't blame the app developers either. I blame Palm for sticking with a propped up, rickety OS that has needed a serious rewrite for years now.

The only reason I haven't persuaded my boss to switch a number of us to Blackberry 8830's is the lack of the camera. If RIM ads an 88xx model that does this, I'll be on the bandwagon to get us to switch, and soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf15 View Post
    I don't blame the app developers either. I blame Palm for sticking with a propped up, rickety OS that has needed a serious rewrite for years now.
    Is it really a surprise to anyone that after work on Cobalt ceased that we were in for a long wait for a replacement OS? My only fear is that the Linux OS is going to be a rush job so I predict although it will be slightly better than Garnett (not hard to do at this point), but it will not be anything exciting and riddled with bugs.

It's gonna be years before Palm can put back the luster into their products and make anyone excited about owning a Palm again. And that's only if they keep focused on doing so instead of pulling a Dean Kamen and trying for the "next big thing" which turns out to be a flop.
    I am sick and tired of the fact my 700p is slower my friends Treo 650! I changed carriers to get the 700p thinking I was going to gain because of the increase in memory. That just wasn't the case was it?

Of course i'm preaching to the choir, but Palm/Access/whoever is about to lose a 5 yr faithful customer to Windows Mobile.

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by robertes64 View Post
    I am sick and tired of the fact my 700p is slower my friends Treo 650! I changed carriers to get the 700p thinking I was going to gain because of the increase in memory. That just wasn't the case was it?

Of course i'm preaching to the choir, but Palm/Access/whoever is about to lose a 5 yr faithful customer to Windows Mobile.

Robert
    The ironic part is that the reason the 700p is slower than the 650 is because Palm adapted the hardware so one set of hardware will support Windows Mobile in addition to Palm. Why don't you just get another 650? Wouldn't that be cheaper? Personally, I went from the 600 to the 700p so I never noticed what I might be missing, but the 700p is fast enough for everything I use it for, including Agendus (which is probably the slowest).

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    there's a new rom update out for the 755p that a few have said works on the 700p. people have been reporting positive results, more stable and a little zippier. Go to the 755p forum and check it out. It's worth a look.

I think Palm is trying to standardize all it's current models to make support that much easier and make for a nicer transition into their next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by robertes64 View Post

Robert
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Is it really a surprise to anyone that after work on Cobalt ceased that we were in for a long wait for a replacement OS? My only fear is that the Linux OS is going to be a rush job so I predict although it will be slightly better than Garnett (not hard to do at this point), but it will not be anything exciting and riddled with bugs.

It's gonna be years before Palm can put back the luster into their products and make anyone excited about owning a Palm again. And that's only if they keep focused on doing so instead of pulling a Dean Kamen and trying for the "next big thing" which turns out to be a flop.
    It will also take an attempt to deliver customer service without consumers having to browbeat them and complain continually to get it.

It took a lot of vocal complaining to get updates to the Treo 700p. To get an actual Palm blog with even a semblance of an apology or any info. All the while, support representatives were time and again telling customers "That's the first time we've heard of this problem".

I'm running the latest 1.10 firmware; I still have horrible random freezes that can last 20-40 seconds. They are twice as likely to occur if the phone goes "No Signal" on me and I'm trying to operate just the PDA, but they can happen at times when I have signal too. I'm supporting users with Treos and having all sorts of issues getting sync to work with Outlook without duplicates or other odd, quirky issues, forcing me to switch them back to Palm Desktop, which is one of the most horrible apps out there, not properly supporting user profiles in Win2k/XP, and refusing to run unless a user is a local Administrator, or the Palm folder has been given full control priviliges to all users. It was good during Windows 98 days, but it's a steaming pile in this day and age.

It's at the point where no amount of quality apps will convince me to want another Palm phone, despite the device's great keyboard and flexibility. I have only one or two crucial Palm apps, but I believe a Windows Mobile version is being developed. The moment I can get a phone that does everything I want on a platform that isn't Palm (so far, the unreleased HP iPaq 914 is the best choice I've seen), I'll ditch the 700p, and if my boss lets me, break one in pieces and send a picture of it from my new phone's camera to anyone important at Palm, with a polite but firm explanation of why.
    Exactly like the maketing book mentioned. When company lost customers then they realized important of customer service.
    Lonewolf, I don't disbelieve you at all. I can only say the my 700P, with many 3rd party apps, is very stable, with only occasional pauses and lags.

I have noticed one thing about every Palm OS device I've used. Over time, they do seem to get slower and slower, just like MS Windows. Fortunately, it's a lot easier to hard-reset a Treo and reload all the apps than to do the same on a Windows desktop. And I've had to do the same thing on Windows, too.

I do it on my Treo maybe once a year, and find performance on my 700P is fine. EVDO speeds make any small delays in other apps a more than even trade-off.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    My 700p resets MANY times a day. I am way past tired of being incapable of completing a call without a "Network Signal Lost" despite the fact that I am stationary. The complete lockups, delays, comas, weak signal complete device unresponsiveness, etc., etc., etc. are just icing on the rotted cake that is Palm's remaining goodwill and customer loyalty. I have begged Palm for the last two years to correct the problems, replace the hardware, or refund my money.

I AM DONE!!! If legal action is the only thing that gets Palm's attention (I would have thought hemorrhaging so many customers, business and individual, would have stirred them from their slumber), then so be it. They just settled a class action on the 6xx family. Now maybe the 7xx family?

Count me in as well please! I am so sick and tired of being trapped by this POS device
    I flashed my 700p to a 755. Everything does seem more stable and faster. Before the update the phone was really stable, only resetting when out of memory.

A lot of resets can be a result of a bad app or overtaxing the device. I noticed my phone resets when my DBCache gets down below 3-4MB.
    +1, update to the 755 rom and things will rock.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Verizon folks cant yet as no onw has done the patch thing yet
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415