Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
  1.    #241  
    We've definitely gotten the attention of PALM. I've had some email correspondence both directly with them and via third parties. I am expecting Palm to officially reply today.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    All bow to Bob C!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I am expecting Palm to officially reply today.
    I honestly can't believe this worked, but I'm glad it did.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    We've definitely gotten the attention of PALM. I've had some email correspondence both directly with them and via third parties. I am expecting Palm to officially reply today.
    It may come fairly late today, FYI, and so may not show up on our front page until sometime tomorrow.
    any hint of what their action might be?
    Awesome!
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Great job, Bob-C! Thanks for taking the time to do this on behalf of all of us 700p owners!! Kudos to you!!!
  8.    #248  
    While I believe that getting their attention has been a big achievement, it's a bit permature to crack open a bottle of champagne.

I have no idea as to what the content of that reply will be and would not care to speculate. All I can do is cross my fingers like everybody else.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Any response is good in my opinion. Even if it is not a good one, at least I will know that I can move on in my life and not keep hoping for a fix.

But having said that, I am hopeful that good business sense will prevail and some resolution will be forthcoming.
    Well....I would imagine that if they came outright and said "sorry, we aren't gonna fix it", then some sort of class action lawsuit would be in order since the device costs so much and doesn't deliver as promised. I would doubt that they would do this, though, seeing as how they just spent $44 million on all rights to Garnet.
    Well?

Did the site going down late last night/early this morning (PST/EST) have anything to do with the magnitude of their response?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    Well?

Did the site going down late last night/early this morning (PST/EST) have anything to do with the magnitude of their response?
    LOL - separate issue, but that'd be hilarious. I decided that it'd be best to conduct a telephone interview with somebody over there before it all went up. Expect something this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    LOL - separate issue, but that'd be hilarious. I decided that it'd be best to conduct a telephone interview with somebody over there before it all went up. Expect something this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
    Tomorrow morning? That's what you said last night.

PS - can you record said telephone interview?
  14.    #254  
    Make the interview a special Treocast event!
    So where are we on this response?
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    So where are we on this response?
    Would "dead in the water" be a fair characterization?
    Is there anyway we can email this to an editor at Cnet or another widely read tech site? I think that might have the most effect as it would have a chance of directly affecting their bottom line.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidta View Post
    Is there anyway we can email this to an editor at Cnet or another widely read tech site? I think that might have the most effect as it would have a chance of directly affecting their bottom line.
    BINGO
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Response is up.

New thread started for discussion of the response

I think I'll de-sticky this thread now, maybe I should also close it since it's done its job?
    Might as well close it since the letter seems to have done nothing. Palm's response was pure garbage.