Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    needs "to be" addressed.

man, the english language is getting slaughtered these days.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I've been a longtime Palm user. Palm III, Sprint SPH-I300, Treo 650, and now the 700p. For the price we pay for these "smart" devices, timely updates (and I mean quarterly) should be expected. At the very least, beta releases that power users can test would greatly improve the quality of the software.

I am already experiencing lags, resets, and other problems on my 700p, and I've had it for 11 hours. This, all running the same apps I was running on my 650 with no problems since the 1.13a Sprint release (which in itself hasn't had a new firmware in almost a year). Palm needs to support its high end devices better. I'm loyal to Palm, mostly because nothing out there is better, but the whole Treo experience could be so much more.

Oh yeah, count me in on this. :-)

-Chris
    Please count me in 10 times.
    I have owned the 600 for 3 years and was happy with it. Tried 700p for 2 months and could not bare the pain due to these lags. I'm back to my 600 unit and can live with it.
    I'm in!
    here's a thought that I CANNOT BELIEVE that I forgot to address:

Palm may not have complete access to Garnet to fix this stuff in a timely manner (though that just changed yesterday, posting a story in a few minutes), so fixes and whatnot ALSO have that complication. how the HECK did I forget to mention that?

They MAY have full access, but i guess I just don't know. So once again, my take is that i just hope that Palm is able to find a way to speak more openly with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post

Palm may not have complete access to Garnet to fix this stuff in a timely manner (though that just changed yesterday, posting a story in a few minutes), so fixes and whatnot ALSO have that complication. how the HECK did I forget to mention that?

They MAY have full access, but i guess I just don't know. So once again, my take is that i just hope that Palm is able to find a way to speak more openly with us.
    It would be refreshing if they just made their own excuses.

That said, it makes little difference to the consumer whether Palm is incompetent at communications, software maintenance, or at dealing with its key partners.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post

Alright guys and gals, what has happened the past couple of days is the essence of my issue. I'll elaborate momentarily. But first, I must say how my Treo has put me in a complete state of ambivalence. No more than an hour ago, it just randomly reset on me THREE times in the middle of a very important conference call. Instead of getting angry, I just laughed it off. I did, however, have 3 of the 5 participants on the call tell me that, based upon that experience and some other things that they are hearing, they would not touch a 700P with a ten foot pole. All of that leaves me with this thought...I now know what's it's like to be completely in love with something and absolutely hate its guts, with every fiber in you, at the same time. Sorry had to vent.

Now, back to my issue and the reason that I'm responding to Septimus' message. On the other thread started by Bob-C, you made the comment that to your knowledge, the "powers that be" at Palm have read the letter. That comment was made three (or four) days ago if I'm not mistaken. Anyone want to take a guess at what we still don't have from Palm? You got it...a response. Another guessing game you ask? Okay, but only because the fans asked for it. How long did it take me to type this sentence: 'We are working on identifying and resolving consumer issues with the device. Thanks'. The answer: 2 minutes (sorry, eating and typing at that same time). The moral to the story is, Palm is starting to show a genuine disinterest in keeping a rather large segment of it's customer base by not acknowledging our issues (or we for that matter) exist. Small company or not (comparing to Microsoft) zero communication is inexcusable.

At this point, I'll simply remain a disenfranchised 700P owner who is absolutely in love with his device that will probably never buy another Palm device again...ambivalence.
    for what it's worth - count me as a signer too

I've owned visor, visor phone, 180g, 270, 300, 650 and now 700p.

Seems that the 700p "should" be an improvement - can't it work at least as well as the 650? If the 3rd party apps are the problem then why didn't they cause the *same* problems on the 650?

I'm waiting........
    I'm also in. Please add me to the list.

Just FYI, some members might recall that I suggested a class action lawsuit against Palm to get their attention on this ROM update issue. After consulting with a lawyer that specializes in class action suits, I was advised that it wasn't worth the effort. Hopefully this endeavor gets Palm's attention and our update!

-Racher
    ---------------------------
    Brian Racherbaeumer
    RacherVision
    i am going to the Blackberry 8703e (VZW). My 700P is just intolerably problematic. Lag and inability to run simple applications without having to reset is just a problem. I have had a Blackberry 8700c (Cingular) for a while now, from work, and it has proven to be very stable, even with a lot of applications and never having to reset the unit. I went 2 months without resetting, and the reset was only because I did a software update. In those 2 month, never a problem. The 8703 is a proven platform and is very stable, as per my coworkers and friends that have one. It is too bad, Palm has lost a good dozen customers, since I and my friends have moved off the Treos and went to the Blackberrys.
    I'm in.
    Im in as well, however this will be the last Treo.
    Blackberry has the reputation of actually testing their products BEFORE releasing them on a unsuspecting public. And oddly enough the 8703e is cheaper as well.
  13.    #233  
    I have a good faith belief that we have made an impression on Palm. I really think these posts are helping make Palm understand our point of view and what impact it can have on their business. If it doesn't, it should.

So if you haven't told your story or posted your support, please do. I want to keep this post at the top of the board.

Also, it would be nice if we could get just a few more persons to click *Yes* on the poll in the Rally thread. I'd like to write, "over 400 persons", instead of "nearly 400 persons", when corresponding with Palm.

Thx,

Bob
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Count me in
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Excellent letter, Bob. Add me to the list.
    Yeah, so what's the deal? Count me in, but send the damn thing off already. It's great we're creating this cute letter and all, but lets see some ****in' results!
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given View Post
    Yeah, so what's the deal? Count me in, but send the damn thing off already. It's great we're creating this cute letter and all, but lets see some ****in' results!
    Done 12/3.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Here's the perfect way to serve it up too!

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/10/d...uit-settlemen/
    You can count me in on this letter, The SMS freezing issue is rediculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    Done 12/3.
    Oh, excellent.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.