Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    George Soros recently bought 100,000 shares of Palm. He usually goes big on his investments and he may be buying more. Lets hope he does and gives Mgmt a kick in the *** and clean house, both in cust service and marketing.

Palm wont listen to us but if Soros buys 5% or more of Palm (currently about 7 mil which is peanuts to him) Greedy Colligan would have to listen to him.

http://www.gurufocus.com/StockBuy.php?symbol=PALM
    The current issues with 700P is the main reason holding me back from upgrading from 650.

I'm in as well.
    The letter is spot on- I agree.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I paid over 500 hundred dollars (no contract) for 700p and sometimes it acts like I its worth 50 bucks..
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I am in as well - Thanks!
    Yes, yes, I'm in. Palm needs to feel pain in their collective gut. The reputation of their 11-year old brand is imperiled by their ongoing refusal to acknowledge complaints with their flagship product, documented exhaustively on global user communities such as TreoCentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanmanx View Post
    Yes, yes, I'm in. Palm needs to feel pain in their collective gut. The reputation of their 11-year old brand is imperiled by their ongoing refusal to acknowledge complaints with their flagship product, documented exhaustively on global user communities such as TreoCentral.
    You know, I just have to ask....what has changed since the release of the Treo 650? The Palm community totally ignored all of the 650's problems in its hunger (dare I say lust?) to get hold of the latest and greatest. As I recall, those problems were as bad or worse than what you are seeing with the 700p. Have we all suddenly become more circumspect or cynical?
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama View Post
    You know, I just have to ask....what has changed since the release of the Treo 650? The Palm community totally ignored all of the 650's problems in its hunger (dare I say lust?) to get hold of the latest and greatest. As I recall, those problems were as bad or worse than what you are seeing with the 700p. Have we all suddenly become more circumspect or cynical?

you would expect them to have at least improved upon or eliminated these problems by now. I think that is what most here are upset about.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    count me in
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I forgot to say it on my last post, " I'm in "
    Add another, and i bring torches, ya heard.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ditto
    the lag issues are truly appalling and pervasive. after replacing my 700p 10 days ago (infinite reset loop) the new unit displays the same behavior. add me to the coalition.
    I'm in.
    <sign> why not, i'm in too, although i'm not a worse case scenario as far as the treo is concerned, but i have my days when driving over my treo after i throw it against the wall to insure complete destruction sounds like a good ideal also........!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  17.    #197  
    I attached the letter and sent it to the following email addresses with the following cover email. Palm.com sent me a delivery status error message for some of the recipients. However, it did not report a failure for Ed, Donna or Jeff. So I am optimistic that those three email addresses were accurate.

The email has a hyperlink to this thread. If they take the time to check it out, they should take great interest in the accounts from those who could not recommend the 700p to clients and friends. Palm had reported that 700p sales were more sluggish for the quarter it was released than they had expected. If they were wondering why, they should look no further. This thread should provide more information to them than their own marketing research.

Personally, I have advised several partners at KPMG that their corporation should keep their 650's for now. When you are a partner, or manager, at an accounting firm with that many clients, your image is very important. It equates to competence. Telling a client that his calls keep getting dropped due to bluetooth, or having a client wait for your phone to switch apps affects their confidence in you. This is much more important to their firm than EVDO speeds.

I encourage anyone with similar experiences to chime in as well.

Thx all!

To: <ed.colligan@palm.com>
    CC: <jeff.hawkins@palm.com>,<donna.dubinsky@palm.com>,<becki.fowler@palm.com>,<ryan.luckin@palm.com>,< er in.freeley@palm.com>,<dolleen.casey@palm.com>
    Subject: Support Request from your Loyal Customer Base
    Attachments: Colligan Letter.pdf HTML | Plain Text | Header | Raw Content

Mr Colligan,

Attached is a letter to you concerning Palm support issues, in particular that of the 700p. The letter has been posted at Treocentral and to date, has the pledged support of nearly 400 users. Many of these are consultants and IT managers whose opinion directly impacts Palm sales. They have become increasingly unable to either purchase or recommend your products while these issues are outstanding. We are reaching out to you in the hope that by bringing this matter to your attention, our concerns can be resolved.

The emerging story has gained the frontpage of Treocentral at the following link and I expect it to continue gaining visibility and support. A thread containing the letter and comments from supporting users is linked here. A thread containing the poll enumerating the supporters is linked here. As longtime supporters of the Palm corporation, I encourage you to read them and consider our feedback.

Sincerely,

Robert Caruso
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    count me in.
    Bo Boone
    Bo
    Bob-C,

A little Googling turned up the problem with some of the email addresses:

Becki Fowler works for A&R Edelman -- bfowler@ar-edelman.com
    Erin Freeley also works for A&R Edelman

RocketDude