Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yes i have a treo 680 and it lagged once or twice i brought it back said it was doing alot of werid stuff and bang got a new one and it works well havent had that problem at all
    heheh new treo 680

2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickster1221 View Post
    yes i have a treo 680 and it lagged once or twice i brought it back said it was doing alot of werid stuff and bang got a new one and it works well havent had that problem at all
    Bummer, I guess the 680 is going back to Expansys on Monday. I'll have to order a new one. Luck of the draw I suppose. But if some people are getting non-lagging Treos, then I'm not going to get stuck with a lemon.
    The lag I was originally getting was annoying but I could live with it. Last night something I installed sent the phone into a continuous reset which I've managed to recover from but now the lag or stutter is unacceptable. For example, it takes 7 seconds to switch back and forth from the applications/home screen to Chatter. I am going to do a hard reset and start from scratch again.This reminds me of two years ago when I got the Treo 650.....
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos View Post
    The lag I was originally getting was annoying but I could live with it. Last night something I installed sent the phone into a continuous reset which I've managed to recover from but now the lag or stutter is unacceptable. For example, it takes 7 seconds to switch back and forth from the applications/home screen to Chatter. I am going to do a hard reset and start from scratch again.This reminds me of two years ago when I got the Treo 650.....
    Hi, Out of interest what did you install?

G
    @garble I installed Lex Spell, TrafficStat, FieldPlus and Clipper. At that point everything seemed okay. I then installed mRing, tried it out and uninstalled it, that's when it started. I have since removed all of these applications but the 7 second delay persists. Very frustrating and the only way forward that I can see is to start fresh again.
    I also noticed some "hesitation" when scrolling but what really bugs me is the fact that scrolling is much slower that it used to be on 650. I think it was accelerated by some program (KeyKaps600, perhaps) but I have the same setup
    on 680 as I had on 650. Very frustrating...
    I have loads of apps including goodlink which runs in the background. I don't see any delays in scrolling. sometimes Blazer takes 6-10 seconds to load, but it isn't often.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I recently upgraded to the 680 and started encountering the stuttering mentioned in this thread. very annoying.

After installing and uninstalling different apps I found another thread in this forum that suggested turning off the Network Time Setting. So far that has resolved 80-90% of my stuttering problem. Now I can start reinstalling the apps I removed.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    it;s like a comp thats always on ... reboot it so the ram can refresh

in this case, soft reset it

i do it every 4 hrs!
    Quote Originally Posted by JHETZEL View Post
    I recently upgraded to the 680 and started encountering the stuttering mentioned in this thread. very annoying.

After installing and uninstalling different apps I found another thread in this forum that suggested turning off the Network Time Setting. So far that has resolved 80-90% of my stuttering problem. Now I can start reinstalling the apps I removed.
    I recommend to all those who have experienced this problem to try turning off automatic fetching of time and date from the network (PREFS / DATE & TIME set to NOTHING). It does seem to improve things.
    SANDRO CAMPOS MANCINI
    Treo 680 Crimson GSM unlocked
    Transcend 8Gb Class 6 SDHC card
    iBlue SIRF-III Bluetooth GPS
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I've had my 680 almost a year and have never experienced, to my knowledge, the lag/stutter described here. Per Chatter instructions, I have never used the time/date auto network update. Maybe it is the culprit.

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12