Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have been using the autocorrect hack for my 650 and I miss it on my new 680. Does anyone have one that works on 680. I have attached my unlocked 680 gsm if needed.

References:
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,12279.60.html
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-753.html

Regards, Rickard.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by swedenliketreo; 12/01/2006 at 04:01 AM.
    Unlocked GSM 680
  2.    #2  
    Bump!!! Someone must have done this in the past, please help us!!
    Unlocked GSM 680
  3.    #3  
    Here is a modified HsExtensions2.0_enUS.prc for 680 that only disable the "hel-->he'll", "i-->I" and "wel-->we'll" replacements. That is what I needed so that was the only thing I dared to fix.

I don't really use much of the Alt-key since I use the ShortCut5 application to define macros for .a -> , .e -> and .o -> . This makes my typing a lot faster.

I had to add the file from a SD-card using fileZ since hotsync didn't want to install it. After a softreset everything worked great.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by swedenliketreo; 12/06/2006 at 03:52 AM.
    Unlocked GSM 680
    I'm a long time Norwegian user of the 650 who recently upgraded to the 680. I've been using the Autocorrect "fix" since it became available and it was one of the first things I started looking for when I got the 680.

To my surprise it seems that the Norwegian character / is not available on the Alt-key combos. On the 650 this is located on the O key, but not so on the 680. If I press just Alt while typing, I find the small but not the big .

Could someone else verify this? Is this something that is fixable by editing the HsExtensions2.0... file?

For now I use ShortCut5, but this doesn't seem to distinguish between upper and lowercase letters in the shortcuts, so I have to press .o to get and .p to get ...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomala View Post
    I'm a long time Norwegian user of the 650 who recently upgraded to the 680. I've been using the Autocorrect "fix" since it became available and it was one of the first things I started looking for when I got the 680.

To my surprise it seems that the Norwegian character / is not available on the Alt-key combos. On the 650 this is located on the O key, but not so on the 680. If I press just Alt while typing, I find the small but not the big .

Could someone else verify this? Is this something that is fixable by editing the HsExtensions2.0... file?
    Yes and yes, have a look here: http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?to...;topicseen#new

For now I use ShortCut5, but this doesn't seem to distinguish between upper and lowercase letters in the shortcuts, so I have to press .o to get and .p to get ...
    I would really like to have a case sensitive Shortcut5 as well as I use it for all my Swedish characters.
    Unlocked GSM 680
    Quote Originally Posted by swedenliketreo View Post
    The link to mytreo.net confirms that I'm not the only one at least. Is editing the HsExtensions2.0_enUS.prc file documented somewhere? No fix is currently available (not counting creating a shortcut to the letter ).
  7.    #7  
    The link to mytreo.net confirms that I'm not the only one at least. Is editing the HsExtensions2.0_enUS.prc file documented somewhere? No fix is currently available (not counting creating a shortcut to the letter ).
    No, haven't found anything like that.
    Unlocked GSM 680
    Here is a modified HsExtensions2.0_enUS.prc for 680 that only disable the "hel-->he'll", "i-->I" and "wel-->we'll" replacements. That is what I needed so that was the only thing I dared to fix.

I don't really use much of the Alt-key since I use the ShortCut5 application to define macros for .a -> , .e -> and .o -> . This makes my typing a lot faster.

I had to add the file from a SD-card using files since hotsync didn't want to install it. After a softreset everything worked great.
    Good idea about the ShortCut5 applications - thx. Although its strange that it allows but does not destinguish between ".aa" for "" and ".AA" for "".
    Nevermind that, I really want to know how you installed the HsExtension from the SD card. I have it there now, but do not have a clue on how to move it away from there - from "files". Help?

BR,
    Egholm
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Egholm View Post
    Good idea about the ShortCut5 applications - thx. Although its strange that it allows but does not destinguish between ".aa" for "" and ".AA" for "".
    Nevermind that, I really want to know how you installed the HsExtension from the SD card. I have it there now, but do not have a clue on how to move it away from there - from "files". Help?

BR,
    Egholm
    Use the filez app to move it from the card to the device memory.

Rickard.
    Unlocked GSM 680
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Egholm View Post
    I have added this request to the shortcut5 developer Mark Tamura.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...50#post1143250
    Unlocked GSM 680
    Use the filez app to move it from the card to the device memory.

Rickard.
    Aaah... You wrote "files" app in the first one - not "filez". I was trying to do the trick with the builtin files-application! ;-)

Thx a bunch,
    Egholm
    Tried to sync your modified file, and my 680 went into soft-reset loop, and needed a hard reset.
    I apologize for the inconvenience...
    ShortCut5 1.7 should fix the problem with uppercase/lowercase shortcut names. You can download the latest from palmgear.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamura View Post
    ShortCut5 1.7 should fix the problem with uppercase/lowercase shortcut names. You can download the latest from palmgear.
    Thanks, works fine for me!!!
    Unlocked GSM 680
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by autgard View Post
    Tried to sync your modified file, and my 680 went into soft-reset loop, and needed a hard reset.
    When I tried to hotsync the file it just gave me an error. To get it in there I had to use filez.

Could it be that you got another version of the file on your device. Check the checksum of the original file that I uploaded first and see if it's the same as the one on your device. If it differs you might need to modify the file you have.

Also, always make backups before these types of operations, this is really not supported by palm.
    Unlocked GSM 680
    Does ShortCut5 work with Treo 680? I installed without difficulties using Mac and MissingSync. It asked for a reset and rebooted just fine. It shows up in the Application View's info... panel.

But I think due to the new prefs app, I can't get at the ShortCut5 pref panel to start setting up my shortcuts!

Does this mean ShortCut5 does not work for 680?? .. or simply that I need to configure my shortcuts using a file that I sync with the Treo?

Gawd, I hope this works, I LIVE by keyboard macros!!

Edit: Found it, sorry! Didn't scroll down enough. Doh!
    Last edited by backspaces; 02/16/2007 at 10:23 AM.
    I had to add the file from a SD-card using fileZ since hotsync didn't want to install it. After a softreset everything worked great.
    Hi swedenliketreo,

is it as simple as using an hex editor and deleting the extensions you don't want to be "corrected"? That's to say I search for "hel he'll" and simply delete it?
    I'm asking this because I write in Italian but use English as system language for my Treo 680, so I'd like to delete the more extensions as possible (even all of them if it is possible)...

Thanks and Ciao from Italy

Sergio
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    What does auto correct hack do exactly? Is it like autocomplete?
    Please note that this autocorrect hack for the Treo 680 can cause random characters using the Alt key as I reported here. I'm not sure why, but this file is also responsible for the Alt key characters.
    When I tried to hotsync the file it just gave me an error. To get it in there I had to use filez.

Could it be that you got another version of the file on your device. Check the checksum of the original file that I uploaded first and see if it's the same as the one on your device. If it differs you might need to modify the file you have.

Also, always make backups before these types of operations, this is really not supported by palm.
    So, swedenliketreo - we need a new update, now with the recent 680 1.12 update :-)
    Can you handle that?

(I just tried with the old one, and now I'm restoring after a hard reset :-/ )

BR,
    Egholm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast