1.    #1  
    ...instead of a PDA data plan for your treo?
    as long as you dont over do the data usage and they dont know that you're using a PDA you're good
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    It depends on what you use your phone for. If you use e-mails and look things up a lot. Most cell companies don't like to switch you over. But they will.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i'm on a smartphone plan with my sony ericsson p990i on cingular. i don't plan to change that when i receive my unlocked 680 (and i hope they won't try to make me, either).
    What's the difference between the $20 smartphone plan and the $20 media plan that includes the 200 txt messages?

From what I've read, it seems like you $20 media plan with the 200 txt messages would be the better deal since you get unlimited data with that anyway as well.

Also, since I'm buying a Palm unlocked 680, I can get a Cingular plan without a contract, right? The website won't allow it and requires a phone purchase as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by vks3 View Post
    What's the difference between the $20 smartphone plan and the $20 media plan that includes the 200 txt messages?

From what I've read, it seems like you $20 media plan with the 200 txt messages would be the better deal since you get unlimited data with that anyway as well.
    SmartPhone Connect Unlimited w/Xpress Mail offers the ability to access corporate email accounts, the MEdia Max 200 Bundle does not.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 11/30/2006 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added the [/ in the end quote
    Really, I can't access my company email using the Media Max plan?

I work for a small company, we have our own mail server, let's call it mail.company.com. This is our incoming server and our SMTP server as well.

Can't I just buy Chattermail, and then set it up to get mail from our own company server?

Are you saying that I would not be able to do this unless I get the smartphone plan?

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by vks3 View Post
    Really, I can't access my company email using the Media Max plan?

I work for a small company, we have our own mail server, let's call it mail.company.com. This is our incoming server and our SMTP server as well.

Can't I just buy Chattermail, and then set it up to get mail from our own company server?

Are you saying that I would not be able to do this unless I get the smartphone plan?

Thanks for your help!
    I can't answer that specifically since I don't use either, but rather VersaMail with GMail, on the MEdia Max 200 plan.

From Cingular -
    Xpress Mail lets you:

- Access your work email including Microsoft® Outlook and Lotus® Notes®, pushed automatically to your device.
    - Receive personal email on your device from Yahoo! Mail®, Comcast®, EarthLink®, and others.
    - Be productive. Access your work calendar, view MS Office and PDF attachments, and search for addresses in your corporate address book.