1.    #1  
    I have been experiencing slight random lags on my device. I will be typing something, then the device will pause for two seconds, then my typed text appears. Does this happen to others? If so, what could be causing the lag?

I took out TakePhone to see if that's the culprit. It did help a bit, I think, but the lag shows up every so often.
    I'm experiencing the same behaviour. It seems to occur even on a clean Treo. I'm wondering if having an SD card or a SIM card in makes a difference.
  3.    #3  
    I really think it's a conflict with a 3rd party app that's causing the lag. What apps do you have?

Here's what I have: MyBible, Pocketlingo, Chatter, QuickNews, eReader, 2day, 4cast, Agendus, KBLightsOff, KeyCaps600, 3jam, Telenav, miniTones. Perhaps we can compare and maybe isolate the culprit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    I really think it's a conflict with a 3rd party app that's causing the lag. What apps do you have?

Here's what I have: MyBible, Pocketlingo, Chatter, QuickNews, eReader, 2day, 4cast, Agendus, KBLightsOff, KeyCaps600, 3jam, Telenav, miniTones. Perhaps we can compare and maybe isolate the culprit.
    I haven't loaded anything yet and I'm getting a lag.
    Even the Treo 700p has this problem.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Do all of you have "Enable Network Time if available" checked, or unchecked?

(I don't have a 680, so I don't know where this might be. I'd suspect the World Clock program if it's there.)
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    Just as an aside, I've turned this off over the past few years as I've started syncing to corporate calendars AND started doing a lot of travel. I find that enabling network time invariably messes up my calendar somewhere. In fact, T-Mobile in Denver had a problem during daylight savings time. The "time" was changed, but they still were using GMT -7 as their timezone (well, during daylight savings we were at GMT -6). I started putting timezones on all of my appointments because I was traveling a lot, and I noticed that when we went into daylight savings all of my appointments were off. I changed from network time to "Denver" time and everything righted itself.

Using network time is fraught with danger if you are a timezone hopper and use timezones in appointments!

Just FYI.

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post

(I don't have a 680, so I don't know where this might be. I'd suspect the World Clock program if it's there.)
    On my 650 I left it unchecked, however, with the 680 I have it checked. I travel between Eastern and Central almost daily, so I'll see if it causes any problems.