1.    #1  
    Iíve got a Motorola HS850 paired with my Treo 650 (Iím upgrading to the Treo 680 in another week when it arrives). Iím tired of shouting into my MacBook Proís speakers when I use Skype. I see that the Skype website sells a lot of headsets. Is it possible for me to just pair my HS850 with my MacBook *and* my Treo at the same time? Would pairing it with my MacBook Pro break the pairing/connection with the Treo 650/680? Do I really need two different headsets, or isnít there some solution for me to just carry one headset?

Thank you for your thoughts!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Hmm.

Interesting that you wouldn't use your 680 as, you know, a phone

Anyway, Bluetooth and Macs are like strawberries and cream: two great tastes that go great together. I've paired my Treo 650 just fine configured for DUN and a few PowerBooks, though I admit I've never used Skype over that connection, I've had a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard working just fine at the same time. Hope that's enough info, that's all I can give you FWIW.

What would be great is to use DUN with the Treo and be able to sync at the same time (Missing Sync's selective conduit usage over Bluetooth is fast!) Also, I wish you didn't have to disable Bluetooth exclusively when using DUN. I don't know if this has changed with the 680, but I'm sure most of us will be finding out!
    I don't know about the HS850, but if it supports multiple connections like the Plantronics Voyager 510 does, then you should be able to connect to both devices, but you'll only be able to actively talk with one of the devices.
    What really would be cool if you could use the Treo as the Skype Headset but that is propably a little bit to much to ask

Cheers

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberttreo View Post
    What really would be cool if you could use the Treo as the Skype Headset but that is propably a little bit to much to ask

Cheers

Robert
    Actually with Windows Mobile you can use your Treo for Skype, it's a shame that Skype refuses to release Skype for the Palm OS. I have friends who use Skype on their Windows Mobile phones (not Treo) with WiFi. Saves them a lot of money and from the inconvenience of having to be on a computer to use Skype.