Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    They released a new version of opera mini today, i was excited hoping for some stability but its even worse, it crashes my 650 every time i try to run it. anyone else have any luck?
    Yup, bad luck, just like you. I wonder if I can still go back to the previous version. Too bad, I was hoping the banking part would work with v. 3
    Same here. I was excited about 3.0 but it crashes my Treo 650 everytime now. I even did a hard reset, installed Java then Opera mini 3.0 (to rule out any conflicts) - but it still gives me "fatal exception".

I tried 3.0 today and it caused a reset at the end of the setup process after installation. From this point on, every time I tried to run it would cause a reset. I installed 2.0 over it and now it's fine. Too bad I didn't even get to use 3.0 once.
    On the 650 you may find that you do not have sufficient RAM to run the program. If you want to continue trying it, take a look at ZLauncher - it handles multiple creator IDs, which means you can move both the Java application and Opera into the same launch folders, and move bunches of other apps to the card - this will free up bunches of RAM.

Ben
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    On the 650 you may find that you do not have sufficient RAM to run the program. If you want to continue trying it, take a look at ZLauncher - it handles multiple creator IDs, which means you can move both the Java application and Opera into the same launch folders, and move bunches of other apps to the card - this will free up bunches of RAM.

Ben
    i have zlauncher... i can move all the java files onto the card and still have everything work correctly? or would i have to have java files, opera and any other java programs in the same directory as well?
    I have moved java to the SD card and have used it successfully.

THOUGH, Ya'll ARE NOT ALONE!!!
    So it was not just me: upon network connection - froze.
    Upon loading the accepting the Agreement.
    After accepting the agreement.

upon trying to load a page.

BUT NOW, my previous version no crashes... o_O

I don't have time for this right this minute... I'll try to use a previous version (which I have kept)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Kept crashing after setup on my 700p. I deleted it, disabled KeyCaps600 (modified version), re-installed it and everything works great now.
    3.0 crashes nonstop for me too. Went back to 2.0. I've got plenty of memory available. This many of us having a problem can't be our fault. It's time for Opera to either get better quality control or make it a native Palm app. I realize it's a free program, but they're a decently large company; this shouldn't be happening
    Supposedly they just updated the 3.0 Palm version yesterday. The updated version is stable.
    An updated 3.0 has been released that is stable on my 700p. The new version is 3.0.6358. Make sure you set your JVM prefs to use double buffering, high resolution coordinates, Maximum Memory to at least 4 Mb, and Java Thread Stack Size to 32 kb. If you leave the JVM Prefs on their default settings, you'll most likely get resets. (That tip is thanks to mshuffma97 @ PalmAddict Forums)
    So far, the new one's working for me.

I figured there would be more people posting on here. I guess not that many people use Opera. I use it mainly for checking myspace, unless I can check my bank account now.
    Really looks good. I mean really good, as long as it is stable.

How do I stop if from asking permission to connect every time I start the program?
    The file is attached, hot sync it to the device's main memory. Ben
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks. I forgot about that.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Why do you guys like this browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
    Why do you guys like this browser?
    It's fast. Does a good job formatting most webpages, even large ones like cnn.com. It's fast. With the memory of the 700P, it seems to be stable with the right settings. It's fast. I don't even have evdo.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    its much faster than blazer, and formats pages better than xino, and its free.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    It's fast. Does a good job formatting most webpages, even large ones like cnn.com. It's fast. With the memory of the 700P, it seems to be stable with the right settings. It's fast. I don't even have evdo.
    I don't find it to be fast at all on the 650. Maybe I'll give it a chance if I ever get a 700P.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast