Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72
  1. #21  
    well considering i can BROWSE almost any non-pda friendly website, yes FAST and convenient... TOO bad it's crashing on me.

    I may try it one more time BUT may have to be a case of a fresh-install, etc... because destaller is causing resets also...

    BUT i have no time right now...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

    justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  2. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21 View Post
    well considering i can BROWSE almost any non-pda friendly website, .
    Examples please. Thanks!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews View Post
    An updated 3.0 has been released that is stable on my 700p. The new version is 3.0.6358. Make sure you set your JVM prefs to use double buffering, high resolution coordinates, Maximum Memory to at least 4 Mb, and Java Thread Stack Size to 32 kb. If you leave the JVM Prefs on their default settings, you'll most likely get resets. (That tip is thanks to mshuffma97 @ PalmAddict Forums)
    It still doesn't work. If you do this on my 650 unbranded GSM, it crashes. If not, Opera shuts down before displaying any web pages. In either case it is useless. The previous version worked just fine.
  4. #24  
    espn.com
    dodgers.com
    latimes.com
    myspace.com

    HEAVY graphic/flash/javascript sites... i can live with the comprimises...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

    justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  5. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes View Post
    It still doesn't work. If you do this on my 650 unbranded GSM, it crashes. If not, Opera shuts down before displaying any web pages. In either case it is useless. The previous version worked just fine.
    Try setting a higher memory limit in your Treo Pref IBM Java VM. When Operamini was first released, it was advised to turn these down to the minimum but now it's recommended to turn them up. My memory maximum is set to 4Mb. The maximum java thread stack is set to 32Kb. It works fine for me now except when viewing feeds. Then I get the reset.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  6. #26  
    Can anyone give me an idea of the footprint (memory used) for Opera, including adding Java? I assume everything must be installed in main memory and cannot go on the SD card, correct?

    TIA
  7. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #27  
    It takes up almost 2 meg but I think it's well worth the space used when it's stable and you don't live in an EV-DO area. I'm posting with it now. I've read about a few people who have moved both to the card but I've never tried it.
  8. #28  
    Can anyone who has used Opera Mini 2 regularly tell us what improvements there are with Opera Mini 3? I now have a rock-solid Opera Mini 2 setup and I don't feel like changing it for trivial browser changes.

    Thanks,
    Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  9. #29  
    opera mini 3 was causing my 650 to reset also but I went into setting and unchecked amimation and the item above it, don't remember what it was called, now it's working for me without any crashes. whoot
  10. #30  
    Mine was crashing, I just changed the memory thing to 1MB from 4, and it's running great. Well, almost. It's not keeping my log-in info. I used to be able to go to my Myspace bookmark and it would usually go to the page (after a few days of not using it, I'd have to reenter everything). Now, if I exit then go back, I have to. Just an inconvenience issue.

    I also don't like that I can't create my own bookmark to go on the home screen. I even deleted all the bookmarks and it still doesn't show. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
  11. milkham's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
       #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    Mine was crashing, I just changed the memory thing to 1MB from 4, and it's running great. Well, almost. It's not keeping my log-in info. I used to be able to go to my Myspace bookmark and it would usually go to the page (after a few days of not using it, I'd have to reenter everything). Now, if I exit then go back, I have to. Just an inconvenience issue.

    I also don't like that I can't create my own bookmark to go on the home screen. I even deleted all the bookmarks and it still doesn't show. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    you have to edit your bookmark and then theres a little checkbox to make it show on the home screen
  12. #32  
    I have tried every possible variation of memory setting and it still crashes. Version 2 worked just fine. Does anybody know where we can still get Version 2?
  13. #33  
    I have it on my computer. I'm not sure if I can post it or not, or even how to post it.

    Don't y'all save the files when you download them?!?
  14. milkham's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
       #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes View Post
    I have tried every possible variation of memory setting and it still crashes. Version 2 worked just fine. Does anybody know where we can still get Version 2?
    i find this baffling. after the initial problem with 3 it's been running stable as a rock and i can finally delete all the damn bookmarks it comes with... on version 2 it would reset my 650 every few times i loaded it up.
  15. #35  
    Heres version 2.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  16. #36  
    So 3.0 does or does not work on the 700p?
    If so, whats the right sittings? which java apps does it require?
    I also use to use it on my 650 and liked it. I would love to use it on my 700p.

    Thanks
  17. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #37  
    version 3 works great for me on my 700p I have version 3.0.6358
  18. #38  
    Working well on my 650 as well.. same version as migs
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  19. #39  
    Just installed v.3 on my Treo 650. It tries to work, but after one launch it gives me a screen for the end user agreement, but doesn't give me a chance to click anything before dropping me back to the Palm launcher.

    So I installed v.2. That works okay. BUT... why does it always ask me for permission to use airtime EVERY time I launch and go to the first site????

    Very frustrating.
  20. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by swilcox View Post
    Just installed v.3 on my Treo 650. It tries to work, but after one launch it gives me a screen for the end user agreement, but doesn't give me a chance to click anything before dropping me back to the Palm launcher.
    See Post 25
    So I installed v.2. That works okay. BUT... why does it always ask me for permission to use airtime EVERY time I launch and go to the first site????

    Very frustrating.
    See Post 15
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions